Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lowell V MarcToystory

• Display

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Default Re: Lowell V MarcToystory

Quote Originally Posted by marctoystory View Post
    Sorry I don't know what that means? The account balance was at zero when my wife removed her name from there everything unpaid dd and charges unplanned od fees returned dd fees . They also never removed the silver account like they were supposed to when me and my wife went into the bank to remove her name as they knew I wasn't working
    OK the Information Commissioners Office responsible for the regulation of Data Protection and credit referencing in regard to defaults in it Technical Guidance on Defaults ( 2012 I think) States the following;

" IF a default sum is made up entirely of charges without which [ charges] the account would not have been defaulted No Default Should Be Placed" , this is the reason for my questions.

nem
    The Advice I Give and Draft Letters Provided Are Drawn From Personal Experience and Career Training And Are Given Freely And Without Liability.
    Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice.
    I will not advise by Private Message. If Specific Advice is Needed please Tag me in your post by typing @Nemesis45 . If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team. Animo et Fide.

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis45 View Post
    OK the Information Commissioners Office responsible for the regulation of Data Protection and credit referencing in regard to defaults in it Technical Guidance on Defaults ( 2012 I think) States the following;

" IF a default sum is made up entirely of charges without which [ charges] the account would not have been defaulted No Default Should Be Placed" , this is the reason for my questions.

nem
    Would that apply here? It is all charges unpaid dd and that blinking packaged charge?

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Would that apply here? It is all charges unpaid dd and that blinking packaged charge?
    I don't believe the account should have been defaulted in the first instance, but the banks ( all the barstwards) lump all and any accounts into a portfolio of delinquent debt and sell for a few pence in the pound.
    We can try putting this to Lowell's COO I'll help with a draft if you need it.

nem
    The Advice I Give and Draft Letters Provided Are Drawn From Personal Experience and Career Training And Are Given Freely And Without Liability.
    Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice.
    I will not advise by Private Message. If Specific Advice is Needed please Tag me in your post by typing @Nemesis45 . If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team. Animo et Fide.

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

I don't believe the account should have been defaulted in the first instance, but the banks ( all the barstwards) lump all and any accounts into a portfolio of delinquent debt and sell for a few pence in the pound.
    We can try putting this to Lowell's COO I'll help with a draft if you need it.

nem
    That's would be amazing if you could help. It's such a horrible feeling all this business, but with help like this it makes it a little better

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

That's would be amazing if you could help. It's such a horrible feeling all this business, but with help like this it makes it a little better
    Ok do you have statements enough to show that the default sum all charges? If so please post copies after removing all " personal" details.

There is always help for you here.

nem

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Ok do you have statements enough to show that the default sum all charges? If so please post copies after removing all " personal" details.

There is always help for you here.

nem
    I have what they have sent me I will upload as soon as I get home. The statement show the balance going from nil to the balance at the end made completely of charges

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

I have what they have sent me I will upload as soon as I get home. The statement show the balance going from nil to the balance at the end made completely of charges
    That's what we need!!

nem

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Evening,

Here are the statements
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

This is the remaining parts of the statement plus the other thing that they sent me, can anyone see the the default notice, that they say is enclosed?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

That's what we need!!

nem
    Morning. I have now uploaded everything they have sent me. What's my next steps. Please can you help out on the 02 payment that went out and is not showing as coming back in as this impacts the amount owed massively

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Morning. I have now uploaded everything they have sent me. What's my next steps. Please can you help out on the 02 payment that went out and is not showing as coming back in as this impacts the amount owed massively
    The fact of the matter seems to be total mismanagement of the account allowing DD request then reversing them creating an account that become wholly based on charges.
    It's difficult to see why the last O2 payment went through another banking " mistake"?

I'll take a look through every thing a later and try to put all the points into one post.

nem

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

The fact of the matter seems to be total mismanagement of the account allowing DD request then reversing them creating an account that become wholly based on charges.
    It's difficult to see why the last O2 payment went through another banking " mistake"?

I'll take a look through every thing a later and try to put all the points into one post.

nem
    Thank you so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. It was a terrible time. I'd lost my marriage my home and my job and it's so much in bank charges for something I never even used

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Thank you so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. It was a terrible time. I'd lost my marriage my home and my job and it's so much in bank charges for something I never even used
    No problem Marc you'll get help and support here when ever you need it!!

nem

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Morning all. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Morning all. Any suggestions on where to go from here?
    I've made some notes as promised and will collate and post asap.

nem

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

I've made some notes as promised and will collate and post asap.

nem
    Bless you thank you for your time

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Morning all.
    Hope you are all well.

Just a quick little bump on this post.
    Is there anything I should be doing now?
    I have these statements the value is entirely bank charges on an unauthorised overdraft.
    What's the time frame usually for hearing back from the courts?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I know nem you are looking at this for me and I am very grateful just wondering if I need to be doing anything.

Thanks all

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Morning all.
    Hope you are all well.

Just a quick little bump on this post.
    Is there anything I should be doing now?
    I have these statements the value is entirely bank charges on an unauthorised overdraft.
    What's the time frame usually for hearing back from the courts?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I know nem you are looking at this for me and I am very grateful just wondering if I need to be doing anything.

Thanks all
    Hello Marc,

Sorry for the delay in replying it's been hectic at home.

As mentioned before the Information Commissioners Office Technical Guidance on Defaults, says that "If a default sum is made up entirely of Charges without which (charges) the account would not have defaulted No Default Should Be Placed.

I would be inclined to point this out to Lowell in writing to Andrew Bartle Chief Operating Officer of the Lowell Group and a director of Lowell Solicitors Ltd.

You have the statements to prove the above send copies with a letter.

nem

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Thanks nem. Hope all is well.

How would I draft this? Would I mention the questionable 02 payment too..

Your help and time is very much appreciated

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Thanks nem. Hope all is well.

How would I draft this? Would I mention the questionable 02 payment too..

Your help and time is very much appreciated
    Yes Marc anything that supports your stance should be included.

I have to be out for a few hours but if you make a draft letter I will go through it with you later.

nem

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Great thanks

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Hi,

here goes

I am writing in reference to REF Number xxxx
    Balance XXX
    This claim is currently being defended as stated in my previous letters

The POC's state

1 The defendant entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreement with Lloyds under a/c ref xxxx (the agreement) - I have requested this agreement as stated and as yet i have not received.
    2 The defendant failed to maintain the required the payments and a default notice was served - I have also requested the default notice and not received
    3 The agreement was assigned to the claimant on 24/06/2013 and notice was given. - Again requested and not received

What i have received (enclosed) is statements from a Lloyds dating back to 2010 which is made up solely of charges. There is no spends on this statement, I would like to point you to the information commissioners office technical guidance on defaults where it states a default should not be filed if the amount outstanding is made up solely of fees or charges. You can quite clearly see that the balance on this statement is in its entirety charges.
    Upon inspection of these documents i would like to point you to the payment that left the account on 17/01/2011 and has not been credited back to the account. This Direct Debit would not have been paid and that is very clear however the fact that the credit is not recorded on the statement significantly increases the balance.

Within the documents received 20/08/2016 it states that a default notice is included in the pack. I do not have this all that is in there is a screen shot of your internal system where the balance says 0.00

This is what i have so far.

hoe does it sound ? do i need to add anything ?

thanks

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Hi,

here goes

I am writing in reference to REF Number xxxx
    Balance XXX
    This claim is currently being defended as stated in my previous letters

The POC's state

1 The defendant entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreement with Lloyds under a/c ref xxxx (the agreement) - I have requested this agreement as stated and as yet i have not received.

2 The defendant failed to maintain the required the payments and a default notice was served - I have also requested the default notice and not received any reply.

3 The agreement was assigned to the claimant on 24/06/2013 and notice was given. - Again requested and not received

What i have received (enclosed) is statements from a Lloyds dating back to 2010 which is made up solely of charges. There is no spends on this statement, I would like to point you to the information commissioners office technical guidance on defaults where it states a default should not be filed if the amount outstanding is made up solely of fees or charges. You can quite clearly see that the balance on this statement is in its entirety charges.

Upon inspection of these documents i would like to point you to the payment that left the account on 17/01/2011 and has not been credited back to the account. This Direct Debit would not have been paid and that is very clear however the fact that the credit is not recorded on the statement significantly increases the balance.

Within the documents received 20/08/2016 it states that a default notice is included in the pack. I do not have this all that is in there is a screen shot of your internal system where the balance says 0.00

I suggest that Lowell now withdraws the claim in the interest of saving costs and court time as Lowell has not purchased a debt only unpaid unfairly levied charges.

If Lowell wishes to continue with this claim it will be robustly defended upon the facts listed above.
    This letter is not an admission of any liability to Lowell.

This is what i have so far.

hoe does it sound ? do i need to add anything ?

thanks
    See amendments above,

Have a look at the ICO document it's available online.

nem

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Thanks Nem.

i have had a look at the document and i can the line that references the above

i will get this in the post tomorrow to both Lowells and the Solicitors

Thank you

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Thanks Nem.

i have had a look at the document and i can the line that references the above

i will get this in the post tomorrow to both Lowells and the Solicitors

Thank you
    Well done Marc, good luck!!

nem

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast