• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CB Vs LTSB Platinum Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CB Vs LTSB Platinum Card

It's a shame that this couldn't have happened...........

you might as well hit them for all the charges on the account while you're at it, cos this gives you another bullet to fire at them, cos you can blame the charges on their"oversight". Brilliant. looks like they've shot themselves in the foot here lol.
    Is no longer here

Comment

That's exactly what I'm going for.
      Slightly different approach from the normal reclaim

They are mostly late payment, with a couple of over limit, due to charges and interest.

None of these are really legit, in my view.
      Last edited by Curlyben; 23rd December 2008, 10:19:AM.

Comment

Well bugger me sideways.

Just to give you all an update on this.

I had a response to my letter above basically ignoring my complaint and wittering on about OFT's 2006 statement and refunding £40ish in charges.

So I sent em back a rather more nasty letter:

Dear Ms B.,
        Letter Before Action
        ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
        Your Reference: CSRC/BLAH

Thank you for your letter of 5th January 2009 the contents of which are noted. I must apologise for my delay in responding sooner.

I am concerned that no attempt has been made to answer the issues that I have raised. I enclose a copy of my previous letter for clarification and ease of reference. Your letter of 2nd January gave me hope that my issue would actually be looked at in a serious manner.

While I am grateful for the refund of £39.25, the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) did not say that charges at this level of £12 where indeed fair and lawful.

Excerpt from the OFT’s statement of April 2006:
        Where credit card default charges are set at more than £12, the OFT will presume that they are unfair, and is likely to challenge the charge unless there are limited, exceptional business factors in play. A default charge is not fair simply because it is below £12. Setting a threshold for intervention is a pragmatic pro-consumer action that is designed to give the industry the opportunity to change its practice without litigation. It is supported by detailed guidance to the industry as to how to reduce the likelihood of public enforcement.
        A default charge should only be used to recover certain limited administrative costs.
        These may include postage and stationery costs and staff costs and also a proportionate share of the costs of maintaining premises and IT systems necessary to deal with defaults Where we conclude that a fee above the threshold is unfair we are likely to challenge the charge but will have regard to all the circumstances in deciding whether to do so or not. We will regard default charges set below the threshold as either not unfair or insufficiently detrimental to the economic interests of consumers in all the circumstances to warrant regulatory intervention at this time. This does not affect in any way the statutory rights of individual consumers, or groups of such consumers, to challenge the level of default charges, either above or below this threshold.
        As can been clearly seen in my previous letter on this matter, the charges applied to this account are only a small part of my overall compliant.

I would appreciate a response to the issues that I have raised. My aims to resolve these outstanding matters remain the same. I would hope that some common ground can be found to continue this discussion in a balanced and professional manner, rather than simply responding with template letters and vague statements.

Please furnish myself with a response within 14 days otherwise I will be forced to take this case to the Financial Ombudsman for clarification and action.

I look forward to your detailed response.

Yours Sincerely,

CB (your lord and master)
        Well I just logged on to t'internet banking to get my monthly bills in order to find some refunds to my card account.
        All told another £420 in charges and interst.
        So all in all £460 back.
        Looks like they have returned all of the late payments WITH interest and simply kept a couple of over limits I had.

Hey no worries there and so far I call that as a result.

Now all that really needs to happen is the APR to be reduced to a more manageable rate and I'll be over the moon.

So when their grovelling letter arrives, I'll post it up for your amusement

Now that was surprisingly easy !!!

Comment

Well done CB. Almost makes me wish I had a LTSB card, that was so easy :high5:
          Even easier than Crap One lol.
          Is no longer here

Comment

Well the games not over yet Windy, just have to see what their letter says.
            After all I don't want to still have the cruddy APR as that's a killer, so the option of FOS is still well and truly OPEN and I think they have realised this.

Comment

Well time for stage TWO.

LTSB think I have rolled over as they have refunded the charges, oh dear how wrong they are.

Time to take the APR to the FOS as it is seriously out of order...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X