• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Park - Exeter Road, Braunton - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Premier Park - Exeter Road, Braunton - won

It's the claimants case to prove. Were the pictures submitted by them at night time ?

M1

Comment

There was a mixture of day time and evening photos. Ones in the dark were taken with an obvious camera flash in order to see what the signs said.

I have written a letter to Premier Park direct enclosing copies of my photos saying the there was a procedural error in the appeal and had the photos been taken into account, its would have been successful. I will see if they issue proceedings to recover as the deadline to pay was today.

Comment

I had a very similar incident at the Exeter Road car park. I raised a POPLA challenge on the basis of inadequate lighting and signage. Premier Parking presented a 50 page document to POPLA in their defense with photographic evidence of reported night-time conditions. I too challenged the fact that the 'night-time' photographs were taken using flash and therefore did not represent actual night-time conditions and also that Premier Parking admitted in their letter that there is no direct lighting in the car park. POPLA still rejected my case.

I don't live in the area, but it doesn't seem that the car park lighting nor signage has been improved since the original in July 2016 - so I'm still left wondering how POPLA how found in favour for the original case, but has subsequently rejected what appear to be very 'similar' cases. Perhaps Premier had improved their defense and provided additional 'night time' evidence...?

Anyway, would seem that the honest folks are at the losing end of what I still believe to be inadequate lighting and signage, and 'sharp' practices employed by Premier Parking at this site - the number of email here would suggest there is a problem at this site! Beware to all those who park at Exeter Road Car Park at night and think twice about whether to challenge the case based on 'inadequate lighting'.

Comment

I have now received a solicitors letter regarding my ticket. I have tried contacting premier parking and they don't reply unless you want to pay! The fact a solicitor has written to me do you think likely it is to go to court?

Comment

Hard to say without sight of it.

They are increasing their court presence but it's still a very low percentage of tickets issued and well under 100 out of 60000

M1

Comment

I'm not sure how to add the picture of the letter?[/QUOTE]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X