• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON!!** County court letter - PRA/MBNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County court letter - PRA/MBNA

[QUOTE=Dh99may;671313]Thanks so much!
    Yes, I've only asked for relevant documents. Is there a specific way to ask, I was going to acknowledge that they has sent me just 2 pages of the MBNA application form, and that I await receipt of the default notice from the original creditor, will it be ok to just say, add that the CPR remains relevant until the claim is allocated to the small claims track? ##

Ok Two pages of an app form, signed /dated? Did they claim this was a copy of the agreement? Or a reconstituted copy?

nem

Comment

it is a MBNA card application form ( I posted a thumbnail a bit further back in the thread) it does have some T's and C's on the left hand side , but just one page .

Comment

Originally posted by Dh99may View Post
        it is a MBNA card application form ( I posted a thumbnail a bit further back in the thread) it does have some T's and C's on the left hand side , but just one page .
        Not complaint,. I suspect somewhere in that application for it refers you to some other T's & C's or there are items mentioned that do not appear on
        the app form.
        I'm a bit pushed for time this evening but will go back and check tomorrow.

nem

Comment

Yes it's signed and dated . the letter from PRA refer to it as ' the credit agreement entered into by you with the original creditor '

Comment

I will add the photo again for you to look at when you have time .
            And thank you for your help

Comment

Ooops, posted on wrong thread..........sorry, Dh99may!
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Here is all correspondence received in respect of my CPR request , as per the cover letter from PRA , the default letter from MBNA (original creditor) is still outstanding and PRA have advised they will send on. I will add the letter from PRA in additional post as I am not able to add on this .

Comment

Hope the documents help
                  Thanks

Comment

Ive come home today to find a letter from Northampton county cour, saying 'Judgement for Claimant ' (in default).
                    Im assuming that due to delays with the above info being sent by PRA , that I am now to pay back the money, even though I still havent received all the info I requested .
                    If someone can please let me know what I can do , ill be really grateful. I think its now too late, and I am totally lost

Comment

[MENTION=1937]nemisis[/MENTION]45

Comment

Ive come home today to find a letter from Northampton county cour, saying 'Judgement for Claimant ' (in default).
                        Im assuming that due to delays with the above info being sent by PRA , that I am now to pay back the money, even though I still havent received all the info I requested .
                        Is that because you failed to file your Defence by the court deadline?

I can't see any posts where you say the Claimant agreed to an extension of time. Did they?

If the Claimant hadn't complied with your CCA request then that would form part of your Defence. If the Claimant hadn't produced the douments which you requested under CPR 31.14 then the absence of those documents may have been part of your Defence.

Di

Comment

Hello Di
                          Thanks for replying .
                          Stupidly, I assumed I had to wait for PRA to respond to my CPR request before I submitted my defence, as until I knew what documents they had, I didn't think I could put a defence forward.
                          As you can see from the documents in my thread, they only responded 20 August, with the default notice from MBNA still outstanding. It's as if they knew I was totally naive in trying to defend myself.
                          Thanks again, I guess I've blown it.

Comment

It's as if they knew I was totally naive in trying to defend myself.
                            Thanks again, I guess I've blown it.
                            How much is/was the claim ?

Di

Comment

You would appear from the documentation on the thread I would say that you seem to have had a real prospect of successfully defending the claim.

You may wish to consider making an application to set aside Default Judgment under CPR 13.3. If you decide to make the application the sooner it is made the better - certainly within 14 days in these circumstances.

Comment

Approx £6500 inc interest and court fees .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X