• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charging order on house! :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging order on house! :(

Hi Not sure if I am in the right place here but hope you guys can help as I am in a bit of a pickle! In short with the collapse of my husbands business he ended up with some debts that he neglected to inform me of that he thought he could handle, in his wisdom, on his own while I was pregnant and the first 6 months after. Anyway we have been on the straight and narrow since the "own up" and have been dealing with matters as they come through our door. He ended up with one final charging order on our house of which was finally dealt with last month. Here's the issue... a letter has come through the door this morning in his name showing prospective costings for the order of sale hearing this friday with a company called rentsmart!!! Now I open all the post (his and mine) and I was aware they were a debt of his but completely unaware that it was this far down the line... It leaves us little time to get advice. No one can see me until next week and I'm away Friday in Scotland for a family matter!! Is there anyway I can block or postpone this hearing on friday? The odd thing is with this one is that even though i'm on the mortgage as a joint owner and land registry, I havent been notified once of this order on my house I joint own, (I put the full deposit down on the house for goodness sake!). We have this morning got all the paperwork emailed to us off DWF (rentsmarts solicitors). No where in any of the paperwork have I been addressed to from DWF or the courts??? With the other charging order we just sorted out my name was on everything I got duplicates of everything sent directly to me in my name I believe because I was joint owner and it was in my interest? Will this give me any leverage to postpone this friday hearing date? I was thinking of writing a letter from me personally to say I haven't been informed of the situation? Many Thanks Faye
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X