• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contract cancellation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract cancellation

Hi everyone , I want if someone can help me to cancel a standing payment in my bank. I signed in last December a contract with a college to get a course because of a salesman who claimed that everything will be fine, I was living in London at that time, I was in a rush, busy all the time, I'm married and I can't afford now, I checked the nearest training centres which is in Leeds and I'm living in Swansea, that's crazy, and I will not be able to travel and pay hotels for two weeks or more of training every module of the course, I really regret to sign the contract!, the cooling period is 21 days is expired now. I'm looking for anyway to stop this nightmare! Could anyone help me please, thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Contract cancellation

Where did the salesman tell you the nearest training centre was?

Was it Trades Gateway / Bright Sparks / Marlborough Information Services or associated company ?

Do you have the contracts? ( if so can you post them up ( anonymised) or email me them admin@legalbeagles.info )

Ta xx Try not to worry
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hi again thank you for your reply, at that time the salesman told me there is a training centre in Watford London, I sent to you by email all the contract details.

Comment

Hi again I would like to know wether I can cancel this contract as soon possible as I'm struggling financially because of it, thanks a lot

Comment

As the cancellation period is over it may be hard to cancel have you contacted them and tried to cancel that's first then there may be other ways none easy if at all possible

Comment

Yes, I did, I called them many times and emailed them as well but they told me the only way is in case I leave the U.K. To leave in different country and close my uk bank account and give proof of address of my house abroad, it's really horrible experience, now I'm paying every month and I can't do anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Youyou View Post
              Yes, I did, I called them many times and emailed them as well but they told me the only way is in case I leave the U.K. To leave in different country and close my uk bank account and give proof of address of my house abroad, it's really horrible experience, now I'm paying every month and I can't do anything!
              Others on here can offer advice may take a while but will be there

Comment

Hi,
                I'm in a dispute with marlborough information services which run all these companies. Currently bright sparks. We were mis sold this course on the understanding it was a pay as you go. The salesman NEVER mentioned a loan or that he was even from Bright Sparks. He showed us a dvd all about weldability, he had the chance then to say he was from bright sparks. My son is now left with a loan for £7.145 and he can't do the course because of his new job. I'll post on here the outcome. It's now in the hands of the financial ombusman.

Comment

H, this is exactly what happened to me, I'm left with the same amount of money to pay, it's really horrible that people can destroy other's life because of stupid products, hopefully you'll sort out your problem as for me as well.

Comment

Hi,
                    It is grossly unfair. These salesman are trained to con us. I can't believe the lies he has put in a statement claiming he explained everything from the onset. What a load of rubbish! I hope you get sorted too. I'll keep you posted

Comment

hi again shazil
                      Thank you for your support, The citizen advisers told to not cancel the payment in my bank otherwise I'm gonna have troubles in court with stupid consumer. So this a nightmare now! I want ask you, is there any chance that you can cancel this contract!!? Thank you again

Comment

Hi Youyou,
                        Our reason for wanting to cancel the contract is because we weren't made aware there was one. When the salesman came round, he didn't say who he worked for but showed us a dvd which was about weldability. At no time did he say he was not an employee of theirs or that he was originally from Bright sparks. He specifically told us it was a pay as you go, from that we assumed my son would pay the college direct. It wasn't until later that we found out he'd signed him up for a loan. If he had told us that at the beginning, there is no way we'd have let our son do it. The salesman has made his own statement by now and it's full of lies. This is keeping us awake at night. I have just contacted the financial ombudsman, they are writing to them. My complaint is mis selling plus misrepresentation. I just hope it gets resolved. I'll fight them buggers to the end.
                        Did you realise you were taking out a loan? If you did then I'm not sure were you stand but if can't financially afford there must be something you can do. Call citizens advice, by all means contact the financial ombudsman, the more complaint they get about this company, the better.

Comment

Is Weldability the name of the company he was from ? Just I haven't heard of them before - did the video have a flash at the beginning with the company name on? Do you know where your son first found the details of Weldability ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst,
                            No the actual name of the company is Bright Sparks Welding. They come under Marlborough Information Services plus Train2Game and others which all run from the same address. The only reason we had heard of Weldability was from the dvd the salesman showed us. It started out with Tommy Walsh the diy man talking about the welding industry, but then it went on to weldability were their director explained about the courses and that they have a 97% pass rate. The salesman NEVER once said he was from bright sparks, all he kept going on about was weldability. When he left here we went on to their website. It looked really good so obviously my son was already to sign up when he came back.

Comment

Hi shezil, thanks for your reply, I didn't realise to be honest, the salesman man showed just the Bright side, and that I can cancel anytime, which is not the truth, I contracted the service which you gave me, they gave me the right advice, I'm gonna wait now the answer from this consumer then we'll pass to the second step. Hopefully we get rid of this rubbish and finish this nightmare as soon as possible.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X