• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Constructive Unfair Dismissal Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructive Unfair Dismissal Help

Hi there. I am quite new so please be kind.
    I think I may have a claim for CUD. I do t want to go into the circumstances in case I 'out' myself but the final act, which has caused me to go sick, occurred 5 days before I was employed for 2 years. In principle, can I claim or does the final incident need to be post 2 years employment? The claim would not be based on discrimination so therefore the 2 year limit ordinarily applies.

Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Constructive Unfair Dismissal Help

Hi there,

Sorry to hear this has happened to you, it sounds like you have had a very stressful time from your post. Don't worry we are generally quite kind xxx

Would the unfair/constructive dismissal have anything to do with any protected characteristic ? ( eg. sex / disability )
    The claim would not be based on discrimination so therefore the 2 year limit ordinarily applies.
    ok that answers that, so ignore the question.

Did you resign after the 2 year point ? or are you yet to resign and just off sick at the moment ? ( in response to the final straw?)

Does it have anything to do with Spiders ? xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Hi there,

Sorry to hear this has happened to you, it sounds like you have had a very stressful time from your post. Don't worry we are generally quite kind xxx

Would the unfair/constructive dismissal have anything to do with any protected characteristic ? ( eg. sex / disability ) ok that answers that, so ignore the question.

Did you resign after the 2 year point ? or are you yet to resign and just off sick at the moment ? ( in response to the final straw?)

Does it have anything to do with Spiders ? xxx

Possibly employed by http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/
      OH's favourite local shop!

PS not advertising.. honest!

Comment

Hi Arachnophobic

The 2 years continuous service required for the qualifying period of employment needed for unfair dismissal claims will include sick leave & accrued holidays.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Possibly employed by http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/
          OH's favourite local shop!

PS not advertising.. honest!
          Why did I bloody click that link???? my elbows have gone all funny now !!!!
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Why did I bloody click that link???? my elbows have gone all funny now !!!!
            PMSL, so did OH.
            All right for yo, but I have to feed the b*****s whilst wifey on crutches!

Comment

Thanks all. The incident happened last week before the 2 year qualifying period. I went sick and was signed off today. This sickness period will continue beyond the 2 year period.

Comment

Okay a main thing with 'last straw' in constructive dismissal is that you act promptly in direct response to that incident - so waiting until you pass the 2 year point may not be helpful and you may need to wait for a final, final straw after your sick leave ( that sounds so awful I know!) It really depends on what has been happening and how incidents have led to this point, and how it has built up to make you too ill to continue working. It may be worth you having a chat with ACAS - 0300 123 1100 - as it could be difficult to talk about it without identifying yourself on here if it's quite specific.

But yes, the last straw could be before the 2 years and the resignation after the 2 years - but not if you have put off resigning JUST to pass the 2 year point.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I haven't resigned yet and I have asked for a meeting with my boss. But not yet as I don't feel up to it.

Comment

It is also important, for 'last-straw', to show that the incidents are linked, & not discrete (ie not a series of 'one-offs')
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you but my main interest is the time limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Arachnophobic View Post
                        This...
                        Okay a main thing with 'last straw' in constructive dismissal is that you act promptly in direct response to that incident - so waiting until you pass the 2 year point may not be helpful and you may need to wait for a final, final straw after your sick leave ( that sounds so awful I know!) It really depends on what has been happening and how incidents have led to this point, and how it has built up to make you too ill to continue working. It may be worth you having a chat with ACAS - 0300 123 1100 - as it could be difficult to talk about it without identifying yourself on here if it's quite specific.

But yes, the last straw could be before the 2 years and the resignation after the 2 years - but not if you have put off resigning JUST to pass the 2 year point.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Arachnophobic View Post
                          Ok, but unfair constructive dismissal cases are particularly difficult to win.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X