• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reclaim Unfair Bank Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaim Unfair Bank Charges

During November of 1999 I decided I was to close my current account with Lloyds TSB. I went into my branch on 29/11/1999 and enquired about the balance of the account with a view to settle and close the following day. I returned the following day to find a further charge had been added (under £20.00 I recall) and I refused to pay it. I paid what I was told the day before what the account stood at and returned my bank card and cheque book.
    In November 2000 I recieved notification from a company called Sechiari Clark and Mitchell acting on behalf of Lloyds TSB that this unpaid fee had incurred costs and now stood at £6862.16. Furthermore a hearing had taken place at Northampton County Court on 3rd November 2000 (incurring further costs of £320.75) and was to be paid at £40.00 per month.I have maintained that and the debt is due to be cleared September 2016.
    I recently read about a case involving a man called Oliver Foster-Burnell who had similar dealings to mine with Lloyds TSB and he took them to court claiming the fees were unfair. The court ruled in his favour and he recieved a full refund plus interest and compensation.
    I wish also to challenge my unfair fees also but I haven't a clue how to go about the process. would be really grateful if anybody can point me in the right direction.
    Tags: None

Re: Reclaim Unfair Bank Charges

Hiya, got your e-mail.

I'll give someone a shout to see if they can help.
    [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION]

In the meantime do you still have the court order that you have to pay the £40 per month? Also I don't suppose that the bank account is still open?

Comment

Hello EXC,
      thank you for responding. As far as I was concerned the account was closed when I went in to the bank and returned my cheque book and debit card, but I don't know when it was officially closed. Yes, I still have the original court order.

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Ok thanks, could you scan and e-mail it to me?

Also do you have a breakdown of how the £6862.16 was arrived at? I just want to get an idea of how much were unauthorised overdraft charges. Also (sorry for all the questions) do you have any bank statements from just before the point you went to close the account and beyond?

Comment

thanks for showing an interest in my case. I have no statements relating to the account I closed, but I do know the account details being 77-19-49 acc 1388168. The current debt is held under account number 194913888129. Sorry I cannot be of more help. I have no documents to show how the very small debt of under £20.00 ran up to such a large sum. I have emailed the order as requested.
          Best wishes
          Carlton

Comment

Hiya

What you've sent me is a variation order which I assume you applied for so that you could pay the original order in installments.

It would be difficult enough to challenge a judgment that's 16 years old but the biggest problem is not having the statements to establish how the £6862.16 debt was accrude in such a short period of time. You could send Lloyds a Subject Access Request which should include the statements but they may say that they no longer have them.

Comment

Did you have any other products with Lloyds before closing your bank account in Nov 1999?

Did you apply to the court to vary the order back in 2000 ?

You need to send a subject access request ( and get a reply) to Lloyds Bank before you will be able to do anything - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ur-information

They have 40 days to fully respond with the information.
              Last edited by Amethyst; 15th July 2016, 05:51:AM.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Did you have any other products with Lloyds before closing your bank account in Nov 1999?

Did you apply to the court to vary the order back in 2000 ?

You need to send a subject access request ( and get a reply) to Lloyds Bank before you will be able to do anything - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ur-information

They have 40 days to fully respond with the information.

Thank you very much for the guidance, I will try it. I can now see that with a case this old and very little paperwork realistically there is probably little chance of success. I will send that information request form though.

You have been great and it really gives my faith in mankind a boost when I see people who are willing to share their knowledge for free to help others.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X