• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Delinquent account with Natwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delinquent account with Natwest

Hi there, I'm really hoping for some advice. In 2010, when I was 21, I was struggling with repaying my debts - loan, credit card and overdraft with Natwest.

After being refused a larger loan to cover everything, I stupidly went through Gregory Pennington for debt consolidation, and so had a default applied to my account for the missed payments. This has now expired, for me to then realise I still have a delinquent account that wasn't added until 2014. The full debt was then settled later in 2014. All of these accounts were taken over at the same time in 2010 by GP.

Fast forward to today, and at 28 I am trying to get my first mortgage for a family home for me and my two young children with my fiance. Unfortunately, due to this negative point on my credit score, I will not be accepted for a mortgage.

Does anyone know if delinquents stay valid for the 6 years the same? It just seems that I am being punished for a stupid mistake twice - I've waited 6 years with a bad credit score, and could now be waiting another 4 years, so 10 in total!

I feel like the delinquent should have been added in 2010 with the default, but am I wrong in thinking this? Just slightly despairing at my situation and being passed around from credit expert, Natwest and Gregory Pennington with no one really being able to help.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    Kelly
    Tags: None

Re: Delinquent account with Natwest

Good morning

Was the default added to your credit file in 2014 by Natwest or by a debt collection agency ?

Your first step is to work out when the account actually defaulted. Do you know which debt it is ? (OD, loan/cc ?)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi does the CRA entry state that the debt was " SETTLED OR SATISFIED?
      Is there a start date and a default date showing?

nem

Comment

Morning Amethyst! The default was added in June 2010, so was removed this June. The delinquent was added to my loan in 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

It shows as settled and closed. Through credit expert I'm struggling to see the full details, but can see that
        Account started 20/11/2008 Settlement Date 30/11/2014 Arrangement

Start date 01/11/2013 End date 01/09/2014

Comment

Originally posted by gsplass View Post
          Morning Amethyst! The default was added in June 2010, so was removed this June. The delinquent was added to my loan in 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

It shows as settled and closed. Through credit expert I'm struggling to see the full details, but can see that
          Account started 20/11/2008 Settlement Date 30/11/2014 Arrangement

Start date 01/11/2013 End date 01/09/2014
          OK The Arrangement to Pay is the marker that's causing the problems. Was this placed by the bank?
          If raise a Formal Complaint at Director Level, this in an unfair entry the account was removed and should not have been
          reported again after the 6 year life of the default.

The Information Commissioners Office regulates the Credit Reference Agencies so if necessary when you receive a response to a Formal Complaint you can take the case to the ICO.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem, yes this was added by the bank - I have queried with credit expert who contacted them and said they could not remove without further evidence. Should I write a complaint letter to a director? I have raised a complaint via a form on their website but not heard from them yet. What should I include in my letter?

Comment

Was the account actually defaulted before you set up a payment arrangement through the DMP firm ?

And definately for the loan account that was already showing on your file from June 2010 and removed June 2016 ?

Could you sign up with and check on Noddle ?- it is a little clearer on there to see when things are due to fall off. Is it listed under the same Creditor name ( ie. the original lender ?)
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks for that advice! Checked with Noddle and it seems to be showing different information that Credit Expert. The accounts were only defaulted or had delinquent status after going through debt consolidation.

Credit card - now satisfied
                start - 08/02/2008
                end - 01/09/2014
                date of default - 11/01/2011
                But the default is now not showing?

Loan - now settled
                start - 20/11/2008
                end - 30/11/2014
                But I can't find the delinquent or default date on this?

Comment

mmm might be worth doing a screenshot of the noddle report - the colourful dots on dates bit for those debts ( make sure you take off anything identifying before putting it on here )
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I've attached two screenshots - hopefully this makes it slightly clearer. Thanks for the noddle recommendation though. I now have the full details for when I query with Natwest.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Nem, yes this was added by the bank - I have queried with credit expert who contacted them and said they could not remove without further evidence. Should I write a complaint letter to a director? I have raised a complaint via a form on their website but not heard from them yet. What should I include in my letter?
                      OK Personal Banking? The Director of Retail Banking + A copy to The Data Controller all at the London head office.

nem

Comment

Ok the Loan is the one which is defaulted in Dec 2014 on your credit expert report ? So Natwest sold the debt in Dec 2014 hence marking it as settled, up to that point though the debt seems to have been at £148 so you may well have settled it yourself ( or through the DMP firm ) ? July/Aug 2014 - lump sum at all ?? Might be worth trying to speak with Natwest and find out what happened with that account in Dec 2014 (and July/August)- if it was paid off then it certainly shouldn't show as a Default. It never went to a default due to the payment arrangement.

Credit card defaulted Feb 2011 so should fall off the file Feb 2017, looks like it might have been passed to a DCA to take over reporting in Oct 2014 - but hasn't actually been reported since ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I've attached two screenshots - hopefully this makes it slightly clearer. Thanks for the noddle recommendation though. I now have the full details for when I query with Natwest.
                          Just for clarification please GS,

Both CRA entries show the accounts in NW's name?? Were they ever sold or assigned to a debt purchaser/ collector? As you say NW placed the " new" 2014 entry it seems to me NW kept ownership.

nem

Comment

Nem, an arrangement was sorted with the debt consoloditation - but as far as I can see it was always through Natwest. When I get home from work I am going to check all paperwork I have to see if it was ever sold to a collector.

Comment

Nem, an arrangement was sorted with the debt consoloditation - but as far as I can see it was always through Natwest. When I get home from work I am going to check all paperwork I have to see if it was ever sold to a collector.
                              I think that's an NW internal collections department.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X