• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcers Damaged car while removing clamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcers Damaged car while removing clamp

My Dad's car was clamped due to non payment of a parking fine, he passed away at the end of last year. We informed the enforcers of this and they subsequently removed the clamp, however it looks like they removed it with some force as they have damaged the front bumper (end part close to the wheel), it is out of alignment and sticks out. We tried pushing it back in but it wouldn't click in, looks like there are some screws missing. I sent the enforcement agency pictures of the damage but they haven't responded. Are they not liable for the damage to the car?
    Tags: None

Re: Enforcers Damaged car while removing clamp

Hi Miss_Nelo & welcome to LB.

What actual evidence is there that the enforcer(s) caused the damage? (Witnesses, CCTV etc)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you

Unfortunately I don't have any physical evidence, there is no CCTV and the clamp was removed early in the morning, no one noticed anything. I went to check on the car mid morning that day, saw the clamp had been removed and that damage had been done to the car , where the clamp was.

I guess I don't have much hope of getting them to pay for the damage.

Comment

How long ago did this happen?

Comment

Your redress is more likely to bring a claim for damage to the car. I see your dad passed away last year, who owns the car now? it would have been transferred to someone after he passed away, was this you or someone else? If they clamped it prior to his passing then there is a possibility they have unlawfully clamped the car.

It would also help to know when this happened as ploderrtom has said.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the replies

This happened about 2 weeks ago, it was clamped after he died (He died in Dec, the car was clamped end June). They clamped the car because they apparently sent us several notices regarding the fine, which we never got. We only got a notice on the day the car was clamped.

Due to some issues (long story) with the estate the car was not owned by anyone but it's been sorted out now and currently being transferred to my Mother.

Comment

There is a good chance you have waited too long already - unless you made comment at time. Could be difficult to proceed.

Comment

I contacted them a day after it happened (letter and email) with pictures included and gave them time to respond but they didn't.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I might just leave it have so many battles to fight at the moment too tired to spend time on a losing one.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X