• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

advice on non molestation order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on non molestation order

I am currently in the process of going to court to take out a non molestation order against my mother in law

could anyone please advise me on how exactly this would provide protection for me.

I have endured years of being shouted at in the street, threats, false accusations, threats of violence and death, vandalism of my property, threats to take my children away.

my partner (who also has no contact with their mother) will be included in the order as well as our children.
    Tags: None

Re: advice on non molestation order

Originally posted by missesthreetwoone View Post
    I am currently in the process of going to court to take out a non molestation order against my mother in law

could anyone please advise me on how exactly this would provide protection for me.

I have endured years of being shouted at in the street, threats, false accusations, threats of violence and death, vandalism of my property, threats to take my children away.

my partner (who also has no contact with their mother) will be included in the order as well as our children.
    Hello missesthreetwoone

Sorry to hear of these domestic problems.

The NMO simply stops contact as there are certain rules that the mother in law will have to follow. If she does not follow the rules (breaches), she could get into trouble with the police. So, it's a civil issue, ie the NMO is not a criminal remedy but if the NMO is breached it could be criminal. Whoever is named on the NMO: you, your partner, your children cannot be contacted. Hope this helps.

However, the grandmother is a blood relative to the children and could get a court order to have rights to the children. The grandmother may be permitted supervised contact with the children as she has human rights (Article 8, Right to Family) to her grandchildren. Have you reported her to the police, if so what have they done thus far?

Comment

yes we have reported her to the police on many occasions and it was them that advised us to get a non molestation order.

we have looked into grandparents rights to visitation but we have been assured that she would not be granted this as she has never had a relationship with either child and in the past has made multiple threats about taking them and doing a runner.

Comment

Originally posted by missesthreetwoone View Post
        yes we have reported her to the police on many occasions and it was them that advised us to get a non molestation order.

we have looked into grandparents rights to visitation but we have been assured that she would not be granted this as she has never had a relationship with either child and in the past has made multiple threats about taking them and doing a runner.
        Did the police say they could stop the grandparent having contact with the child? Did the police arrest her - was she charged with any criminal offences.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X