• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Procedure Rules - Help needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civil Procedure Rules - Help needed!

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
    How much was the loan for, and which bank was it with, put up some information on here.
    The OP has already posted all the relevant information for this claim in post # 1 of this thread.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Hannahsf View Post
      I'd heard nothing since until today, I have received a letter of proposed allocation to fast track by the county court business centre.
      Is this even possible?
      What is the deadline for filing your Directions Questionnaire?

Make sure you don't miss that while you're busy unraveling the mystery of how your Defence got filed without you realising it.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
        What is the deadline for filing your Directions Questionnaire?

Make sure you don't miss that while you're busy unraveling the mystery of how your Defence got filed without you realising it.

Di
        I have until the 26th September, so I am hoping I can get a great deal of detective work done in the meantime!

Comment

Good to hear, i hope you get your, money back.

Comment

So it appears that H&C decided to send a defence to the courts for me, how very nice of them! They forwarded all my correspondence to them and Hoist as my defence. So I have now sought legal representation to fight this ridiculous case! Clearly they do nothing by the book. Thank you everyone for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              Ok Hannah you can edit /fill in date etc.

Private & Confidential.
              Mr Howard Cohen
              Senior Partner
              Howard Cohen & Co.
              Address as on claim form.

Date:

Ref: County Court Claim No..............................................
              Claimant Hoist Portfolio.
              Intermediary Robinson Way Ltd.

Dear Mr Cohen,

I refer to the above mentioned county court claim issued on date.................................. service of which was acknowledge with the court on date.

Receiving this claim has prompted me to check in detail my credit history and I do not acknowledge any debt to your client nor did I admit any liability to your client predecessor MKDP.

I have concluded after making in detail checks that the alleged debt is Statute Barred no payment or unequivocal written admission of liability having been made in more than 6 years.

I formally state that given the information above I will not at anytime now or in the future any payment towards the alleged debt.

As you are no doubt aware that if your client decides to challenge the status of the alleged debt they must provide unequivocal proof that this matter is not statute barred.

Should your client wish to continue this claim it will be robustly defended.

I suggest that you now advise your client to discontinue the claim in the interest of saving costs and court time.

Your prompt reply would be appreciated.

Yours etc.

Use signed for post and check delivery date and signature print a copy and keep for your records.
              It appears that Howard Cohen's only response to this letter was to file it at court as Hannah's Defence without her even knowing

That's the problem when a LIP writes to the other side's solicitor prior to filing a Defence. There's a risk that they'll take advantage of the situation. Any letter written has the potential to be included in the Trial Bundle. This one will.

Di

Comment

Better to stick with the CPR letters and add into those if you feel the claim is statute barred, but are HC actually allowed to file a defence on behalf of the defendant ? Seems an odd thing to do as if that was meant to be the defence and no actual defence was filed then they could have just filed for default judgment. Seems like an odd tactic.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Best thing to do under the circumstances, well IMHO anyway

Comment

I hope you win your case, good luck and get some good legal, representation.

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                      I hope you win your case, good luck and get some good legal, representation.
                      I suspect that the legal representation is that of the authorised rep Diana M

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony72 View Post
                        I suspect that the legal representation is that of the authorised rep Diana M
                        Possibly

Di

Comment

Sorry I wasn't asking you to breach client confidentiality

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony72 View Post
                            Sorry I wasn't asking you to breach client confidentiality
                            What client

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X