• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Garage MOT problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Garage MOT problem

It was only from past experience with them supplying official parts or oem parts, the chap did say he was going to get them from Euro Parts but as they do not stock whats fitted on my car its obvious he didn't. I've never had anything in writing from them only the invoice sent after I've paid through the post.
    I'll have a quick check about the MOT in a minute.

Comment

Just checked MOT status, that has gone through ok.

Comment

I thought I would add here having been involved in the motor trade for over 50 years ................sometimes the parts that are not stated to be OE parts are made by the same firm and to the same specs as the OE
        That is to say if the Manufacturer of the car orders 20,000 of a certain part the supplier/manufacture of the part makes 30,000 and sells the extra into the service side of the trade.
        The " spurious Part" as they are sometimes called are exactly the same quality as the originals............I must add here ....NOT all the time but is quite normal.
        Sparkie

Comment

Thanks for that, I looked for the alleged break in the spring today but couldn't find anything, will get the jack out later and have a better look for it. The discs have the word comline on the edge along with some numbers and letters, did a bit of looking on line and they are the most basic discs you can get, their website makes a lot of claims but they just do not look like what was on the car before..

Comment

I have just had a look around, and a word with some " motoring" friends and the general opinion is that Comline gear is fine.

Comment

Thanks, I guess the garage is just padding prices to cover their overheads. Feel a bit let down by them especially as they charged over £100 mark up.
              oh well you live and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
                Thanks, I guess the garage is just padding prices to cover their overheads. Feel a bit let down by them especially as they charged over £100 mark up.
                oh well you live and learn.
                You could still approach the garage and suggest that dealing with them has left you feeling let down by them and a reduction/refund on your bill would restore your faith in them or words to that effect...........it works sometimes..........sometimes it doesn't
                Sparkie

Comment

Hi, thanks for the advice, do not think the garage would entertain it though, they strike me as the sort to turn nasty if pushed over it. they have not responded to my email yet asking for information about the parts and the mot advisories. At the end of the day its probably best to put it down to experience and not use them again, will definitely be warning family and friends to steer well clear of them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X