• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP Boots Shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RLP Boots Shoplifting

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    Nothing else happens to you.
    Boots don't want you back in that shop for a year...... but so what!
    RLP will send a series of begging letters, which you ignore.
    The police weren't involved, so you will hear nothing from them.
    The sun will continue to rise and all's well with the world.
    Just get on with your life.
    I doubt you will be so foolish again,,, an embarrassing lesson learnt.
    Good luck
    Could I just ask you 2 quick questions: how does Boots benefit from RLP? And why is RLP still allowed to claim that amount of money from us, especially seeing that the products were in good form and boots wasn't affected that greatly (as in, in terms of the amount they claim)?

Comment

money maker

Comment

Agree with Mike that it is a money making exercise dressed up to look like some form of vigilante justice.

RLP actually do more than just extort money,
        Retailers engage such firms to identify causes of "shrinkage" which is caused mainly by operating mistakes or theft by employees or others. Having identified the causes they should be following up with appropriate steps eg training, system changes, etc.
        When they start using scare tactics, accompanied by demands for sums of money for imagined losses, they over step the mark.
        They will threaten court, damaged credit ratings etc (but haven't yet heard of children sold into slavery!), when in fact it is only the party who had a loss (retailer) who can initiate a court action and the retailer has already said there will be no further action from themselves.

In law there is nothing to stop one person asking another for money: it is not illegal per se.
        So whilst RLP can request a donation from you, they cannot claim it in court as a loss. The claim would have to be made by the retailer.
        If the retailer goes to court they lose (as per the case quoted above) so the advice is "ignore".

Comment

[MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION] i need help, can you help me out please

Comment

Originally posted by Johnathon678274 View Post
            @des8 i need help, can you help me out please
            Sorry.. been out all day but have replied on one of your other posts

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X