• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please ASAP I'm in court Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help please ASAP I'm in court Monday

Originally posted by Mishmashfire View Post
    Also just to note I only have a tenancy from the previous landlord
    Do you mean you only have a tenancy agreement in your previous landlord's name not your current landlord's name? (I may have misunderstood that bit)

Whose name is on the possessions summons?

Before a Landlord can repossess you they have to jump through various legal hoops or they won't be able to get you out of the property. This includes serving you with a formal Notice to Quit called a section 21 Notice. Have you been sent one of those?

Did you pay a deposit to your Landlord at any time, and if so was it placed in a Government backed scheme with you being sent all the prescribed terms?

I'm going to suggest you give the Shelter free helpline a call where you can speak directly to someone who will help you on 0808 800 444. It's open 8 am - 8 pm so they'll be there when you get back from the doctor's surgery. It's also open from 8 am - 5pm at the weekend.

You can read about all the steps involved in a Landlord getting possession on Shelter's website where you'll see it's not as straightforward as your Landlord makes out. Threatening you with bailiffs when he hasn't even got a court order may be seen as harassment. Make sure you tell the Judge all about that!

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...m_the_landlord

Di

Comment

Re: Help please ASAP I'm in court Monday

Fingers crossed for you in court tomorrow.

Come back and tell us what happened.

And then we can hopefully help you to untangle all the other annoying issues in your life right now.

Good Luck

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X