• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio , BW Legal county court form, need advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio , BW Legal county court form, need advice

firstly il explain whats happened, i had littlewoods catalogue in my name but never used it, my brothers asked if they could order some things from it and me been me said sure. they ordered some items which i cant remember fully but was around 200 i think. they paid for a few weeks but then stopped and obviously i wasnt going to pay for a debt thats not mine. i kept getting letter every so often and it passed through alot of debt companys. it ended up with lowell at 395 and now gone to BW legal who sent me a county court claim form?? they now want 513.63 . any advice would be appreciated. the debt is from 10/06/2011 .
    thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Portfolio , BW Legal county court form, need advice

Do you know when the last payment was made or acknowledgment of the debt was?

You MUST asap AOS on the MCOL website within 14 days after doing this you'll give yourself some breathing space 33 days in total.. enter the details on the claim form and password.

Send a CCA request to Claimant : template here http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...y-of-Agreement

With this send a with it a £1 postal order marked on both sides with "Statutory fee only" and send it recorded delivery and keep hold of proof of sending

Send CPR request to Solicitors : template here http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ic-information

Comment

Originally posted by dieseldave View Post
      firstly il explain whats happened, i had littlewoods catalogue in my name but never used it, my brothers asked if they could order some things from it and me been me said sure. they ordered some items which i cant remember fully but was around 200 i think. they paid for a few weeks but then stopped and obviously i wasnt going to pay for a debt thats not mine. i kept getting letter every so often and it passed through alot of debt companys. it ended up with lowell at 395 and now gone to BW legal who sent me a county court claim form??
      What is the issue date? (on the court claim form)
      they now want 513.63 . any advice would be appreciated. the debt is from 10/06/2011 .
      What is this date; the date of last payment, or them (Lwoods) chasing you, or the date when the account started?
      thanks
      Hi dieseldave & welcome to LB
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

firstly il explain whats happened, i had littlewoods catalogue in my name but never used it, my brothers asked if they could order some things from it and me been me said sure. they ordered some items which i cant remember fully but was around 200 i think. they paid for a few weeks but then stopped and obviously i wasnt going to pay for a debt thats not mine. i kept getting letter every so often and it passed through alot of debt companys. it ended up with lowell at 395 and now gone to BW legal who sent me a county court claim form?? they now want 513.63 . any advice would be appreciated. the debt is from 10/06/2011 .
        thanks
        Hi,

Clarification on the dates quoted please.

" I can't remember filly but was around 200" ?? 2000?

" the debt is from 10/06/2011?

When was the account opened?

Do you know when the account was defaulted/terminated?

A check on your credit files may help Noddle is free online.

nem

Comment

ok guys i checked my credit report to get some more info on the debt. see attachments , cheers
          Attached Files

Comment

should i also aos on mcol now? it was issued on 05 july.

Comment

Yes do AOS.

Comment

do i select defend all of this claim? , defend part , contest jurisdiction? , sorry all new to me .

Comment

do i select defend all of this claim?
                  For now, defend all
                  , defend part , contest jurisdiction? ,
                  Usually no..............where do you live (country)
                  sorry all new to me .
                  IMHO

As it was assigned to Lowells 10/06/2011, there is a good chance that the alleged debt accrued much earlier & is possibly Statute-barred.

Is there any way you could pinpoint the last payment or written acknowledgement of it?

Have you personally ever paid towards it?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

hi i got in touch with the company through chat online and they said the things ordered was august 2010 .

Comment

do i select defend all of this claim? , defend part , contest jurisdiction? , sorry all new to me .
                      Defend all! and "Contest jurisdiction" is only for those living in Scotland ...

Comment

i searched bank statements and cant find anything relating to it from my account.
                        so stu should i change that or?

Comment

Originally posted by stu82 View Post
                          Defend all! and "Contest jurisdiction" is only for those living in Scotland ...
                          And NI Stu,

nem

Comment

so for the CCA im sending on template it asks for account number , do i put claim number here.
                            someone can help me fill out the CPR form ?

and i live in the UK

Comment

so for the CCA im sending on template it asks for account number , do i put claim number here.
                              someone can help me fill out the CPR form ?

and i live in the UK
                              All you need is to say that you require the CCA 1974 Regulated Agreement for the alleged debt from which this claim arises it's up to them to get it right.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X