• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

arrow global & a CRA default.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arrow global & a CRA default.

Hi, bit stuck on this one.
    Top 3 CRA have just recorded a default on my account.

Arrow global bought an old credit card debt in dec 2014. They did nothing for one year then in dec 2015 they closed the account, and say it defaulted, although they only applied the default in may of this year. we have had no written communication with arrow global. We have asked for info of the debt through Equifax when i challenged the default, but arrow global have not supplied any. They say my last payment was november 2010, although my bank can find no trace. If it is more than 6 years the old credit card will be statute barred, but if a payment was made november 2010 i will not be able to contact them until december of this year. I understand the old credit card debt should have gone into default once payments stopped, so are Arrow global able to add new defaults. ??
    Tags: None

Re: arrow global & a CRA default.

Any advice on dealing with Arrow global would be appreciated. I have heard they are difficult to deal with.

Comment

No Arrow should not add a new default - the debt will have defaulted before being sold to Arrow and therefore should have defaulted over 6 years ago and wouldn't show on your credit file at all now. Arrow could take over the reporting of the debt but they can't just add a new default date because they can't find the original ( as it'd fallen off ).

Just tagging [MENTION=1508]Nibbler[/MENTION] to hopefully have a look for you ( he's much better at CRA stuff )

If You have told arrow it is stat barred and they claim there was a payment in nov 2010 - then ask them to tell you method and amount of payment so you can check your records. The onus of proof is on them to show it isn't statute barred and just randomly saying you made a payment without disclosing any more info isn't enough.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst your a star.

I bought a £2 call credit report last nite, and have a 30 day free Equifax report. Both show the closed account both CRA show it as closed in dec 2015. But they do not show any details before that date. So am i right to assume the old credit card has gone under the 6 yera rule, or are Arrow global just being carefull in what in they disclose. I am not able to contact Arrow global am i ?? for safty would it not be better to wait until december ??

Comment

You might find it useful to sign up with Noddle ( free credit report site)

See if Nibbler or others have any input in the morning on what best to do about the wonky default marker.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I have noddle and clear score, that's how i noticed the massive drop in my credit score on the 9th of June. I retired 3 years ago, got my self all sorted, debts cleaned up, and was building my credit score...i aquired 1 new credit card in dec last year and 2 credit cards before may this year (to improve my score). They have very little on them. I joined your site today, and have noticed several reports about Arrow Global confirming other reports i have seen on them on google. So i could be in for a battle with them. What i can say is that the Arrow info is very mixed up, and they have contradicted them self's on several occasions. They keep refering to an address i had 3 years ago, i have no access to that address so if they have been writing to me there i will not receive the mail. They are fully aware of my new address through contact with callcredit and Equifax, but have not written to me at that address.

Comment

On Noddle what does it say the drop off date is for that default applied by Arrow?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Noddle drop off point not sure with where that info would be.??

below is the info as listed on noddle.

Account type Credit Card
                Account number

Account start date
                10/06/2004

Opening balance
                £ 2,261

Repayment frequency
                Monthly

Date of default
                04/12/2015

Default balance
                £ 2,261

Call credit/noddle show the account listed as open. Equifax/clearscore show the account as closed. Both CRA show the account as defaulting Dec 2015. Both show default as May 2016.

Comment

What do the markers before Dec 15 say ? usually it would go something like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,8,D (so december 2015),D,D,D,D,D (May 2016) ( then the D would carry on for 6 years)
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

hi, nothing, there is nothing before 2016 on noddle, info supplied by call credit. If you were reading my credit report as a lender, all you would see is 5 credit cards up todate and 1 in default, arrow global. the history on that account starts may 2016 with an opening balance. shown below.
                    Status history
                    2016 D
                    DF
                    Balance history
                    2016 2,261

Comment

Okay, so they've def added a new default then.

[MENTION=1508]Nibbler[/MENTION]
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

now onto clear score info from Equifax. The account is shown as closed, but their is a history line. from dec 2011 to nov 2015. marked with a green dot for payment recieved (no payments have been sent). And although the info on clearsore is supplied by Equifax, Equifax dispute the timeline as marked on the clearscore account.

Comment

Originally posted by artourious View Post
                          hi, nothing, there is nothing before 2016 on noddle, info supplied by call credit. If you were reading my credit report as a lender, all you would see is 5 credit cards up todate and 1 in default, arrow global. the history on that account starts may 2016 with an opening balance. shown below.
                          Status history
                          2016 D
                          DF
                          Balance history
                          2016 2,261
                          Hi Who was the card with?

This situation has occurred in the past with AG acquiring a batch of delinquent card accounts which were either sold without a default being placed or defaulted days before the debt were sold.

These have been challenged on the ICO's guidance that defaults should be placed within 6 months of the cause of action.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem, thanks for info. At the moment the credit card is not known. When i disputed the default with Equifax, the reply back from Arrow global was;
                            "default stands, we will not remove it, we purchased this debt in dec 2014, last payment to credit card nov 2014, i would need to contact the credit card issuer for more information".
                            This appears to be standard practice on reading through other cases on your web site.
                            The reason i pursued this with Equifax was that i was paying £3 a month for a monitoring service, and Equifax reported no changes to my account during 2014 and 2015. Equifax then said they had nothing to report to me on my CRA report as Arrow global reported nothing to them until may of 2016, they then supplied selected info. No info back over the past 6 years, which i understand they must have, as they report a last payment of £1 nov 2010.
                            So info i know so far through Equifax, debt purchased dec 2014, account defaulted dec 2015, default added to CRA reports may 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

CORRECTION;
                            "default stands, we will not remove it, we purchased this debt in dec 2014, last payment to credit card nov 2014*, i would need to contact the credit card issuer for more information".

*should read Last payment should read nov 2010 not 2014

Comment

I spoke to the FCA yesterday;
                              1. Original debt - yes it should go to default when payments are missed, but lenders do not have to allocate a default ??
                              seems odd but this is what FCA say.

2. DCA buying a debt - FCA not sure if the DCA buying the debt can put a default on again..odd ?? but he did say they do not have to register a default until they want..again seems odd.

3. Defaults - FCA not sure if more than one default can be added to an account...again seems odd....

This was all from the FCA handbook, acording to the person i was speaking to.

I may have been speaking to the cleaner...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X