• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement notice on £2.500 court fine debt from 2002 Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcement notice on £2.500 court fine debt from 2002 Help needed

Hi i received a letter 5.5 years ago from area enforcement office in london saying that i owed £3,227.50 and that the court had applied for deductions from my benefit untill the full amount was paid. This came as a complete shock to me as the actual offence of not paying rail fare was dated 2002 and there was a total of 6 offences but spread out in one big list of fines,costs,comp i immediately contacted area enforcement office about it as i wasnt aware of the offences and had no idea any court case was going on at the time i was staying with a friend in london after being evicted from a freinds flat in peterborough and was then made homeless as couldnt stay at friends place in london.

There was no information supplied with the letter just a long list of offences and fines they said i should contact my local court to sort it out as they couldnt give me the information over the phone. I went to my local ct and they told me the offences were all consolidated into one and couldnt give me much more info as said that i would have to contact peterborough ct as thats where the original cases originated from they couldnt help me either and said i had to go back to highbury ct who dealt with the matter as the paperwork would have been sent to them. This was a complete nightmare and i was getting nowhere so i rang highbury ct up and eventually got somebody to help me out but they said there was no paperwork but would look into the matter and forward me the information so i could make the statuary declaration. However the information arrived on the 17- 1-2011 and gave me a long list of offences but not the dates of when they happened or where only one offence of not paying a rail fare was dated. I was past the 21 days of making the declaration and went back to the court who refused to accept it. I then started paying £5 per week from my jsa and had just had enougth and tried to forget about it

I have since received a notice of enforcement from collectica for £2,532.50 and i spoke to someone at citizens advice who said that i should seek a solicitor and see if there is anything that can be done as i was homeless at the time and had no idea of these court cases.

Hope someone can help
    Last edited by arcam2004; 5th July 2016, 17:38:PM. Reason: Missing info
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X