• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another Wright Hassal formal letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Wright Hassal formal letter of claim

Hi everyone and thanks for your help with this,

I have read so many threads on this and other sites but am still confused as to what action I should take next.

I have received the dreaded Wright Hassall formal letter of claim which says I have 14 days to reply before legal action may be taken..etc

I parked my car to drop my mum off at her voluntary work at a charity shop in an area which she and her colleagues always use. The process to register the car to allow permission to park is to call a phone number and provide your car registration. I dropped her off and did some shopping. I did not overstay any time limit. My mum registered my car as I have only parked here this once as she usually drives herself and knows the number.

The Wright Hassall letter has come after some letters from ZZPS which I was advised to ignore by my mum's colleagues at the charity shop as they have also received them but now I am getting nervous.

Should I write to Wright Hassall?
    Is there at template letter I could follow?
    What information should I get together (photos of parking area etc)?
    What might happen next?

Many many thanks for your help...I've spent hours researching what to do and am still unsure. Any advice or links would be much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Another Wright Hassal formal letter of claim

I would reply something like (you'll need to makes minor adjustments to dates etc)

Dear BW Legal,

I write in response to your final notice which i take to be a letter before action dated 10th June 2016, the contents of which are noted.

As the pre action protocols expect us to exchange sufficient information to understand each others position please forward to myself the original parking charge notice and a picture of the signs at the location as well as the operators contract which allows them to operate at the site (or indeed confirmation they own the land in question).

As well as the information already requested please answer the following questions :-

What type of car park is it ?

What contravention gives a cause of action ?

Who contravened your rules ?

Who you are pursuing ?

Have you followed the rules laid down in the Protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 ?

How is the £154 made up ?

Not only will this information help comply with the pre action protocols it will also help achieve the over riding objective.

Having done some research on your claims i request that if you ignore my requests for information that your claim complies with

CPR 16

Contents of the claim form
    (1) The claim form must –
    (a) contain a concise statement of the nature of the claim

Contents of the particulars of claim
    (1) Particulars of claim must include –
    (a) a concise statement of the facts on which the claimant relies;

Practice direction 16

Other matters to be included in particulars of claim

7.5 Where a claim is based upon an agreement by conduct, the particulars of claim must specify the conduct relied on and state by whom, when and where the acts constituting the conduct were done.

Practice direction 22

Who may sign the statement of truth
    3.1 In a statement of case, a response or an application notice, the statement of truth must be signed by

(2) the legal representative of the party or litigation friend.

3.7 Where a party is legally represented, the legal representative may sign the statement of truth on his behalf. The statement signed by the legal representative will refer to the client’s belief, not his own. In signing he must state the capacity in which he signs and the name of his firm where appropriate.

3.9 The individual who signs a statement of truth must print his full name clearly beneath his signature.

3.10 A legal representative who signs a statement of truth must sign in his own name and not that of his firm or employer.

Practice direction 7E

Signature
    10 Any provision of the CPR which requires a document to be signed by any person is satisfied by that person entering their name on an online form.

I await your response.

Yours sincerely

Send via email if possible.

M1

Comment

Great!

I will send a version of this to the email on the email supplied on the letter and report back with any reply from WH.

Many thanks for your help

Comment

hi - did you hear back from WH?

Comment

Any reply from WH yet?

Comment

Have you heard back yet. I am in a similar situation and would like to know how you got on?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X