• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors Ltd and Cabot Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons Solicitors Ltd and Cabot Financial

Hi
    Can someone help me please?
    I have a copy of my Titles Register from Land Registry which shows an entry in favour of Restons Solicitors Ltd and Cabot Financial Ltd, entries dated Feb 2008 and April 2009 for the beneficial interest of my late husband.
    My question is if i sell the property as I'm having financial difficulties am i liable for the debts owed, also can they be barred due to how old the debts are? Any help appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Restons Solicitors Ltd and Cabot Financial

Originally posted by Betsymoo View Post
    Hi
    Can someone help me please?
    I have a copy of my Titles Register from Land Registry which shows an entry in favour of Restons Solicitors Ltd and Cabot Financial Ltd, entries dated Feb 2008 and April 2009 for the beneficial interest of my late husband.
    My question is if i sell the property as I'm having financial difficulties am i liable for the debts owed, also can they be barred due to how old the debts are? Any help appreciated.
    Good afternoon,

It would seem that the charge was made to secure a debt of some sort that your late husband had judgement for.

How long ago did your husband die, were creditors informed that he was deceased.

n em

Comment

They were probably old loans/credit cards debts which had been to court and obtained a charging order over the property.

The imposition of a charging order would have made your ownership of the property tenants in common rather than joint beneficial tenants.

Did you formally transfer the property when your husband passed away, or is that what you are looking into which has brought your attention to these ?

If you sell without any negotiation with the creditors beforehand then they could claim the amounts registered from the sale of the property. They won't be statute barred as they are secured debts now.

Do you have any idea how much the charges are for?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

He passed away 2 years ago. I'm not sure on the amounts either so I just wanted to know where I stood before contacting them as I wasn't aware of the judgements!

Comment

I wasn't aware of the charges, property has been transferred to me. What or if can I challenge the charges or how can I negotiate as I have no paperwork relating to the charges. Sorry I was very naive and let my husband deal with all financial matters.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X