• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Notice of Redundancy & Advice Required Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Redundancy & Advice Required Please

Hi

Firstly this forum is great and has helped me in the past so here goes again.....

OK so my employer called all 100ish staff from the particular department I work in - to a meeting last Friday to inform them that they were putting us under Notice of Redundancy commencing Monday this week and that would be the start of the consultation period (for 30 or 45 days depending on actual numbers involved).

The reason is that our "customer" has had their budgets cut and so there is no money to pay for our services any longer !! (well almost - we are a private ambulance company who provides front line vehicles and staff to NHS ambulance trusts - we supplied 20 crewed vehicles per day and they now only require 6 per day)

All the above is fine..... I really have no issues with that but here is the issue.......

Colleagues of mine who were employed in lets say "Location A" have just 2 weeks ago completed the redundancy process for "Location A" after another NHS trust pulled the budget in that area and so they went through the consultation and redundancy process and some of these colleagues moved/transferred to "Location B" where I am based.

Now that there is not enough work for us in "Location B" my employer has been asked by the NHS Ambulance trust that covers "Location A" to provide extra vehicles and staff to cover demand !! (clearly they have realised that cutting our services has cost them and increased their workload)

My question is as the staff in "Location A" went through redundancy can they be asked to go back and cover shifts in "Location A" ??? surely they are doing the same job and being employed in the same position that they have been made redundant from ???

I hope the above is easy to understand and look forward to your responses

Regards
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X