• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Should I now be contracted for the hours I do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I now be contracted for the hours I do

Last July, an employee was sacked from his job, this colleague worked nightshift, with his sacking the was a vacancy going

I offered to help out, even though I'm a day shift colleague, was told no, it must be done by someone who works night shift

The manager at the time, while there trying to fill this shift, they can offer it to me, on a 3 month contract, starting from Aug 2015

My contract at the time was 35 hr per week, which then was increase to 36.15 hr per week, with me working every second Sat night; at the same time, another colleague who work night shift, her father passed away, so I now do all the Sat night shifts

On a few occasions have spoken to the hr manager, to find out what they are doing, and keep on getting told, its being dealt with

Come this Aug 2015 I will have been doing this for 12 months, and am I right in thinking after 12 weeks, or more, they need to contract me for these hours, which at the moment is 48 hours per week

To have the right contract would make a big difference in my holiday entitlement, currently 188 hrs, but think I'm due around 220 hrs

Sat 17:00 - 07:00, MWThF 17:00 - 00:00

What is the legal position on this, does my employer have to give me a contract for the hours I work; now my intention is to contact my employer, within the next few weeks to ask them this, and want to back this up with any contract law
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X