• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Used, humiliated and undervalued.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used, humiliated and undervalued.

I am looking for some advice please.
    I applied for a post at a EMI residential Home as a Senior carer but I was offered a Deputy Managers job as I had a lot of qualifications, I accepted the job and was really happy about it.
    I was given a job offer letter which stated my pay rate, my hours and informed me that I was on a three month probationary period.
    After three days in the job the stand in home manager said she was really impressed with my work and I was offered the post as Trainee Home Manager. I said I would take it if I was given the help and support that I needed. I was told that this would surely happen and that the job for the manager would no longer be advertised.
    I began to undertake my Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care as I agreed I would, to enable me to qualify to become the Registered Manager.
    On my third week the home were inspected and became under investigation by the CSSIW, Social Services etc, and everyone became involved.
    I was left out of everything had no training or induction and no one would tell me anything it was obvious that they had lost interest in me. The managers had meeting after meeting and left me out. Every time I wanted to talk to the manager she would say can you tell me later.
    One day I went to pass on information to the owners and they had a lady with them I was not introduced to her but I was later to find out that she was the newly appointed manager?
    I was informed this over a week after I had seen her but I understood that the home had been told to get a manager instated ASAP. I didn't kick up a fuss about it even though I thought it was disgraceful how they hadn't had the decency to tell me.
    I thought I would work with her and help her. I was left to get on with my work even though I had not been told what was expected of me.
    The new manager started two weeks ago and I barely saw her as she was busy trying to get things sorted. Last Monday she called me in and dropped the bombshell that my role as Deputy Manager was not there anymore and that I was now a care- coordinator with three senior carers. My wages had dropped from £8.50 per hour and which was going to £9.00 an hour in just over a week when I am out of my probation My new wage would be £7.35 an hour and when I was in charge of a shift I would get £7.85.per hour, however this would now only be about twice a week. I was so hurt and upset I had bent over backwards to help this care home. The manager stated she knew how much I had been messed about but she had to put a plan in place for the inspectors. I was informed that she would approach the owners about my salary
    4 days later she called me in the office and handed me a letter stating my new job role, roles and responsibilities and informed me that I had been given an extra 5 pence an hour. It was then pointed out to me that I had to start my probationary period again for another 3months? this really knocked me sideways I had just proved myself to them for nearly three months. It was obvious they did not want me there. I travel 18 miles to work and the same back and I would never have taken the job for so little pay. I feel so undervalued and used is this behaviour legal. I have to sign the letter to accept and give it them back. Obviously if I don't accept then I am left without a job and no money. I don't know how I can stay working with them as I am so angry at this underhanded practice.
    Any advice would be much appreciated as I am at a loss now as what to do.

Regards
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X