• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart parking fine, fistral beach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smart parking fine, fistral beach

ozzy0103popla.rtf

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

M1

Comment

I have sent my appeals letter off to POPlA at the end of June and while I have had a result of the appeals process yet, I have, in the mean time, received a letter demanding £160 from DRP. Surely they can't do this while my case is still at appeal?

Comment

They are not supposed to do that. A complaint to the BPA is likely to be filed in the bin though.

info@britishparking.co.uk

M1

Comment

Update!
          i sent my appeal off to POPlA on 24th June - plenty of time for an appeal. Since then I have received 2 letters from debt recovery and then on 21st July received a letter from POPLA stating they would not look at my case as the reference had expired!! I phoned up POPlA to ask why they had only just sent me this when they would have received my appeal at the latest on 27th June and the guy said that their admin department processed my letter on the 19th July. I asked why had my appeal been sat there for so long and he said they would not look at it unless I could prove I sent my appeal off on the 24th June.
          i have been to citizens advice who have told me to follow POPlA complaints procedure which I have had no response. This whole situation is so stressful!
          my second letter from debt recovery was a court threat. I dread to think how much this is going to be!

Comment

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/

Check the code and see what date it expired.

M1

Comment

The deadline for appeal would have been 5th July and POPlA would have received my appeal letter by 27th June at the latest

Comment

So you posted it ? Did you get proof of posting ?

M1

Comment

Yes I posted it because the appeal script was too large to fit in the sections on
                  ine. No didn't get proof as didn't think I'd need to for that address. It didn't recommend on their website to send recorded delivery.

Comment

It's not recorded delivery, it's a certificate of proof of posting free from any post office

Comment

http://popla.co.uk/help-with-your-appeal

Contact popla and see what is going on.

M1

Comment

I'm not sure how I can do this as I didn't use counter service at the post office?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy0103 View Post
                          I'm not sure how I can do this as I didn't use counter service at the post office?
                          So how was it a recorded delivery ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy0103 View Post
                            Lesson for all there, use online or send a traceable method or at very least get a free proof of posting.

Anyway what have popla said ?

M1

Comment

It wasn't a recorded delivery, I mentioned above that I didn't send recorded delivery as it didn't advise that I should do for an appeal. Completely my fault having too much faith in Royal Mail! Not my luck this year! Thanks anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Lesson learned, I'm not having much luck this year!
                              popla haven't acknowledged my complaint yet. I used their complaints procedure last week

Comment

I'd have phoned them myself.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X