• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Orange is the new Default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange is the new Default

Hi Everyone,

First post, sorry for not contributing first to the forum but i didn't know where else to turn. Il give you a brief(ish) overview:

So in march 2014 i cancelled my contract with Orange, i was out of contract and had a 0 Balance on my account, i cancelled not because i was unhappy with the service in anyway but because i was moving to Canada for 2 years and of course the Orange phone was not required, i was told on the phone that the contract had been cancelled and off i went to Canada.

I returned in Jan 2015 to a letter from a debt company Lowell who were chasing me for a debt of £200 apparently from Orange, i tried to ring orange but because it was around the time Orange switched to EE it was quite difficult to actually get an Orange agent, eventually i got through, explained the situation, she looked through my file and said nothing was outstanding on my account and she had put a note in my file, i asked specifically if there was anything further required from me, she insisted that their wasn't and back on a plane to Canada i went

In April this year i returned from Canada with my now fiance, and as were were looking at purchasing a house and i wanted to build my credit rating i got a credit check...

That's where its hit the fan.... i have been defaulting on a payment from Lowell for the past 5 months... my credit rating has dive bombed! as i didnt have much cred

Since i returned i have been on the phone to Lowell then Orange then Lowell again, at one point i got a fantastic Orange / EE agent who went through my account like a hawk and she could see exactly where i would have cancelled my account as the contract was 'disbanded' then the next day there was an 'unlock code request', she said (quote) "when a contract is disbanded it usually means a contract is being cancelled", her and her boss are convinced they could help and put together an internal case for me which was passed on to the credit referral team.

The credit referral team simply said "there was no cancellation on the account" and trying to explain that, that's the problem, seems to go in one ear and out the other, ever since ive never got another 'Shelly' all the advisers have been uninterested and rude, Lowell want me to get a statement from Orange / EE that the original debt was an error, Orange / EE want Lowell to return the account to Orange / EE

I dont know what to do, its so silly, the original charge from orange was £32.... then Lowell £200, but that's not important... the defaults are important, £200 is not a huge amount, if i knew i was defaulting i would have just paid it and be done with it!

Any advise on what to do next would be really appreciated, i have been calm and forthcoming with everyone i have spoken too as i don't want to loose my rag at them (i think that just makes people turn off), but im getting pretty distressed as a mortgage is out the window at the moment!

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Orange is the new Default

If I were you I would email the CEO of Orange – Marc Allera Email marc.allera@ee.co.uk.
    Nothing to lose-not even the price of a stamp.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: Orange is the new Default

And the heid bummer at EE: olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X