• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Services - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Services - won

Hi Everyone,
    I received a parking notice for £100 from this lot this morning stating that I had overstayed in the McDonald's car park at Thurrock, Essex. I carefully log my mileage and trips and have no record of being out in my car on the date they 'say' the offence happened. I would be very grateful for any advice you guys and girls could give. I will appeal in any case.

Thanks for your help

SE Blue
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking Services

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ket-on-vehicle

Do the pictures show your car ? Seems strange.

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery !
      Yes there are images showing my vehicle but from my records and GPS tracking data I didn't use the vehicle on the date displayed on the notice. I am very careful to log my journeys as they have to be reimbursed by the business. It could have been the day before or the day after but it would appear their date is wrong. Should I speak to the business on the site and ask them to have the parking notice cancelled first?

Thanks for your help

SE Blue.....

Comment

Well that is quite interesting and implies the camera/software is out of synch.

Always contact retailers etc.

I'd use instead of "the driver ...."

My vehicle was not in your car park at the said time on the said date. I enclose my vehicle tracking data to prove such.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1,
          I am just going through all the data and expenses to verify all this, The GPS tracking is done through a proprietary software on my mobile phone (Triplog) It automatically starts and stops when connected/disconnected from the Bluetooth system in my car. A pretty sure fire way of logging my movements accurately. I also have no receipts for McDonald's for that day which also backs up me not being there. I have also checked my card statements to verify this.

Thanks for your assistance M1

SE Blue

Comment

Thanks M1, <br>I am just going through all the data and expenses to verify all this,&nbsp; The GPS tracking is done through a proprietary software on my mobile phone (Triplog)&nbsp; It automatically starts and stops when connected/disconnected from the Bluetooth system in my car.&nbsp; A pretty sure fire way of logging my movements accurately.&nbsp; I also have no receipts for McDonald's for that day which also backs up me not being there.&nbsp; I have also checked my card statements to verify this.&nbsp;<br><br>Thanks for your assistance M1<br><br>SE Blue<br>

Comment

Hi M1,
              I have been through my GPS data with a fine tooth comb and it doesn't show any trip data for the 10th May, worryingly it also doesn't show any trip data for the 11th May - which I know I was in the West Midlands that day. Saying that I really can't recall being in the car park in question on the date specified. I am going to appeal on the grounds a) I didn't see the parking enforcement notice which I didn't. and b) as a paying customer for the site owner. The car is a company car, Do I have use my name or can I appeal in the name of the company?
              Many thanks for your help M1

Comment

Hi M1,
                I have just appealed and this is what I said.

'Dear Sir/Madam,
                Our GPS records show that our vehicle GK65NUO was not at the location specified on the date(s)/Time(s) shown. I have attached the records for your info.'

I have also signed off with the company name. Is there anything else I should do? Or just wait?

Many thanks

SE Blue

Comment

Just wait for the rejection and we'll sort out popla.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,
                    I had a response from MET today rejecting my appeal and directing me to the POPLA process. They have also asked my company to provide my address details which I have advised them not to. I have also returned to the site and spoke to management there requesting that they cancel this ticket if they wish to see any future business from me or my colleagues. So what's next? Do I wait for the site owner to cancel the charge? I go direct to POPLA?

Thanks for your help and advice

SE Blue

Comment

I would still hope they cancelled but i would also do popla for 3 reasons.

1. Whilst waiting for them to cancel, the clock is ticking.

2. The chance of winning is very good.

3. Even with a loss, the registered keeper can still transfer liability to the driver by supplying the name and address of the driver. Some companies, however, continue to pursue the RK but the RK has the extra defence that naming the driver provides.

For popla you'd need to upload the PCN (sanitised) and signs if you have them.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1,
                        By sanitised I presume removing identifying details such as pcn numbers, index and company name? Do I need to get pictures of signs/notices at the site? I can do all this tomorrow. What does the POPLA process involve?

Rgds

SE Blue....

Comment

Yes, it's for the best, http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

M1

Comment

Thanks M1,
                            When I spoke to the site management today they stated that had I notified them that my stay would exceed 90 minutes they would have extended the time period? To be honest I didn't see the signage as I wasn't expecting a limit or control of parking as a patron of McDonald's - mitigating circumstances?

Comment

No, and even if it were, popla don't do mitigating circumstances. McD should intervene, but sadly the sometimes don't. These branches obviously don't value customers.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X