• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Highstreet bank closing all of my accounts. Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highstreet bank closing all of my accounts. Please help

Hi,

I am having major issues with my bank Accounts. Here are the accounts I hold at the moment.
    1. Personal Bank (currently have £8000 in it)
    2. Personal Saving Account (which doesn’t get use)
    3. Business account for one of Convenience store business, which is a LTD company.
    4. Business saving account for the store above (which does not get used)
    5. Business account for the two properties that I let out
    6. Business account which got opened by mistake by my business manager which got opened with the business account for my properties
    7. Business account for another convenience store, which is a LTD company but it’s a different LTD company from my other store.
    8. I was also a signaturee for my parents buy to let business account.

On the 6th June 16, I went into a branch to deposit money into my business account. The cashier at the desk was all confused, as she could not put money into the account. She had to phone the business team. Once she got off the phone she told me that my account is getting closed and cannot give me any more information. She gave me a number to call and discuss this further. Straight away I called the number they gave me and it was the fraud and account closure team. They have closed all the accounts above. They told me then to wait for a letter that I will get into the post.

All the accounts above are frozen. Including LTD company accounts and my parents business account. Total balances of the accounts are £34,000

The letter arrived on 8th June. The letter stated that due to activity on the account they have closed the account. All Direct debits and payments coming in will be rejected. I have to go into branch with this letter and ID to take all the money from my accounts. I went into branch, the cashier took the letter and phoned to get authorisation to clear the account but as she got off the phone. She told me to phone the number on the letter, which again was the fraud and account closure team. They told me that my account and the funds are frozen. They are investigating and could not tell me anything else. Just told me to keep contacting them for an update. I called today to get an update but no luck. This time they told me they hold the funds for 30 days and I should call after 30 days.

I use to transfer funds from other business into my personal account and transfer from there to my Convince store business account to get by direct debits. I have done this for a year once a week at least. The convenience store sales are £35000 per week. I use cash plus account at a post office as cash deposit account and then transfer the funds to my business account, which equates to £30,000 per week. Last week on Tuesday I deposited cash into my cash plus account but forgot to make the transfer before 4pm for same day transfer so the transfer was made on Wednesday. When Wednesday came I had 20k worth direct debits to pay but the money never came into the account by 3.30pm. The cut off for direct debits is 2.30pm so I went into the bank and done a cash deposit for £18,000 before the cut off time and transferred £2000 form my parents business account to my personal account and from there I transferred the £2000 into the business account to get by the direct debits. I have not done a cash Deposit of a large amount into this account fro a year as I have been using cash plus. Before this I was depositing cash directly into my business account for the 2 years before I moved to my cash deposit to cash plus as cash plus charges is a lot less than the bank charges. I don’t know whether the large cash deposit or loads of transfer caused suspicions. On Friday I applied to open a secondary account for Paypoint Services. Just wanted this DD to be kept separate so I can ensure the money for paypoint is kept separate and the DD is paid.

Money for the other store were banked into directly into that business account, as it’s a new business and have 2 years free banking.

The bank is not giving me any information and is saying we are investigating the account and can take up 30 days before funds are released.

I am stressed about this, as I need the funds for both my business to pay suppliers and bills.

All the business are legitimate. I have never had any intentions to do money laundering or fraud.

Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Highstreet bank closing all of my accounts. Please help

I'll ask [MENTION=8640]leclerc[/MENTION] to look at this.

Comment

In the meantime this might be interesting to read for you - http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/any-a...not-explaining
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

And this one, whihc explains the timeframe quite clearly too - http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.u...l-transactions
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

It sounds like a money laundering inquiry due to the amount of cash deposited as opposed to the usual transfer of funds.

I would probably look and see if another bank will take on your business to be honest whilst the bank deal with the other stuff.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Not 100% sure its an AML though? These usually require accounts to be frozen and staff to be vague about reason until resolved with SOCA.

In this case, the bank has actively closed the accounts; which is not a requirement of AML....

Is there any chance that the bank has taken a view similar to this? : http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ry-park-mosque
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X