• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The EU referendum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The EU referendum

When I lived in Staffordshire there was a huge village of caravans on a local fruit farm where all the migrant summer workers lived. It seems the grower provided the accommodation as part of the package but I will say not all the caravans were in great shape and there was the odd rough night during the season when I did not envy them. We would see them walking the 5 miles or so to the nearest Tesco to get their shopping which they hauled all the way back. Most looked ‘student’ age. Hard workers to be fair. Mind you I do know UK students who have done the same thing on the continent.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

The referendum has been hijacked by all this talk of refugees and foreigners its about more that that just needs to refocus on the EU and how it affects us normal people to much crap being spouted by Politicians and too much slagging of peoples views.

I keep reading on other forums that the MPs murder can is being blamed oh the brexiters

Comment

Ok still on the foreigners theme Aldi and Lidl, what will happen to them if we leave, maybe our supermarkets will be able to cope better as yet another 2,000 jobs risk

https://www.theguardian.com/business...my-local-group

How can this be right when our economy is growing and how does the 2mil jobs figure created by the clone clowns never waver lol

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
          Ok still on the foreigners theme Aldi and Lidl, what will happen to them if we leave, maybe our supermarkets will be able to cope better as yet another 2,000 jobs risk

https://www.theguardian.com/business...my-local-group

How can this be right when our economy is growing and how does the 2mil jobs figure created by the clone clowns never waver lol
          The powers that be aren't going to let us leave the EU. If the first referendum results in an 'out,' they will either amend EU law to cause a stay-in or have a second referendum. I don't think people on this thread understand the power of the state. I think the state is just pacifying the people into thinking that they have real rights and a say over things that matter such as the EU. If you think about it, it's genius really. We all know that the world businesses benefitted from the invasion of Iraq for commercial reasons. It's like the elephant in the room. How long did it take for women to get the vote, how long did it take for disabled people to get rights, how long did it take for the UK to have human rights enacted into law. It took about 300 years before human rights were even mentioned, prior to 1998.

It is just about control like the actors in a theatre we all have roles and the role players, ie the big businesses, don't want to lose their place, so for efficiency and 'convention'...the same actors retain their roles. Look at the terrorism situation who benefitted... big business....fear promotes the interest for security whether that threat is real, previous or current. Was it a coincidence that both the UK, 7/7, and 9/11 were performing drills for terrorist attacks in terms of 7/7, which resulted in real time action - ie real terrorist activity, and in terms of 9/11 the fighter jets were scrambled away on 'drill.' It's no wonder the conspiracy communities are so paranoid. My point it is society needs to control populations so let's things happen or doesn't let things happen.

Comment

Personally I think the people will just vote to remain in the EU when it comes down to sticking their mark on the voting slips. There may be a 30-40% vote for leave. If it does result in a remain vote, it won't be down to any conspiracy b*llcks, it will be because that is what the people think is right. Remember before the general election, very many were convinced it would be hung/coalition or labour victory.... but when it came down to it...........

Possibly 60% turnout ? may be pushing it actually, but would be nice to see that.

I say this living in an 'out' area (Dennis Skinner is my MP) I am literally the only person with a REMAIN sign in my window. I am REALLY glad this is based on individual votes not on constituencies.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

lol, just read your edit OpenLaw .... 9/11 and 7/7 were conspiracies to assist business ? or let it happen to help control population ???? I think I've read that wrong.... somehow, I hope....
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                lol, just read your edit OpenLaw .... 9/11 and 7/7 were conspiracies to assist business ? or let it happen to help control population ???? I think I've read that wrong.... somehow, I hope....
                No I think you have read it right!!
                As to no one on here having any knowledge of the power of the state I think is insulting I spent 40 years in one way or another " in service to the Crown" these " conspiracy theories are more delusions that anything made up by the terminally bewildered:tung:

nem

Comment

No that's a rather large stretch/ disproportionate inference. I am saying Iraq war was likely about controlling oil, and 7/7 & 9/11, not about business but potentially control.

Comment

Well thank goodness for that :judge2:
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                      No I think you have read it right!!
                      As to no one on here having any knowledge of the power of the state I think is insulting I spent 40 years in one way or another " in service to the Crown" these " conspiracy theories are more delusions that anything made up by the terminally bewildered:tung:

nem
                      Winston Churchill said 'we shall fight them on the beaches'.. whilst in secret he was saying 'people are vermin' at his eugenic panel at Oxford University probably about the same time. This isn't about conspiracy theory - this the practice of eugenics of the elite that spread through the modern world, Europe, the UK, America, after Darwin produced his Origin of the Species in 1859. These nefarious ideas just don't die the person dies but poison lives on albeit potentially under-ground, as it were. Why do people find it so hard to believe that these things can't go on.

Comment

Personally I think the people will just vote to remain in the EU when it comes down to sticking their mark on the voting slips. There may be a 30-40% vote for leave. If it does result in a remain vote, it won't be down to any conspiracy b*llcks, it will be because that is what the people think is right. Remember before the general election, very many were convinced it would be hung/coalition or labour victory.... but when it came down to it...........

Possibly 60% turnout ? may be pushing it actually, but would be nice to see that.

I say this living in an 'out' area (Dennis Skinner is my MP) I am literally the only person with a REMAIN sign in my window. I am REALLY glad this is based on individual votes not on constituencies.
                        It's not about conspiracy, it's just about control. Any way, moving on. I think it'll result in a stay in Europe or second referendum.

Comment

Wow! Lots of ‘power of nightmare’ stuff there openlaw! I am not naïve enough to believe that things are always transparent but woha that pony!
                          Anyone who has read Churchill’s memoirs will know that during the second world war we were fed information that was deliberately manipulated but to even compare that to the reporting or current disclosure policy is a bit of a stretch!
                          Yep, we know the press is subject to the whims of the owners -many commented on the difference of view between the Mail v Mail on Sunday and the Times v the Sunday Times stating that it proved the authority of the independent Editors. Well Bo***cks. The owners changed their tune as they did not want to be associated with Tommy Mair and Farage's stupid poster. End of Story. So they rode to death the autonomy of the Sunday editors. Who better to tell us the truth about British politics than an Australian with an American passport!
                          Since Profumo and his little paddle in the Astor swimming pool, since Nixon and his double edged obsession with bugging and since Rumsfeld assuming he could control with the power of nightmares the general public have been able to access the facts and the media have had the power to make them available and thank God for it.
                          Unless some sort of Nigerian manipulation occurs there will not be another referendum just because the Government does not like the result of the first. We live in a first world country and never, ever assume that a failure to recite legal chapter and verse means that people cannot smell a rat and question the actions of the party that governs them. The people of the UK will kick and not accept a decision they feel is manipulated or in any way crooked.
                          I will accept that the majority, me included, do not have a degree in politics or law. I will also agree that many of us may not be able to list cabinet ministers off pat or spout the trading figures as though performing a party trick but remember this; Knowledge and intelligence are not the same and the average person on the street who may not have letters after his name is savvy enough to know why he is voting and what they want. They will not be manipulated and they will not accept any attempt to ignore their wishes. I and the government will have no choice but accept the decision regardless of how much we might disagree with it.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                          ~ Anonymous

Comment

i think i can express my opinions better in pictures ( i think you have to click the pictures to animate them ?? )

anyone thinking of voting out, look into his eyes

Click image for larger version

Name:	never.gif
Views:	1
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	1170922

Tryning to explain the importance of economic union for peace to a 22yo and her monkey-form BF

Name:	hangover.gif
Views:	2
Size:	980.1 KB
ID:	1170923

Listening to anyone explain the brexit economic arguments and doing the numbers on them

Name:	fxlGFYm.gif
Views:	2
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	1170924
                            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Brexit would lead to shortage of construction staff, says Barratt bossh
                              https://www.theguardian.com/business...-eu-referendum
                              This is the nearest that I could find after watching a chap last night, looked like in the car industry, who stated, much better getting EU workers ready trained than training our own. What a disgrace and no wonder we have so many young ones out of work or unable to get apprenticeships.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                                Brexit would lead to shortage of construction staff, says Barratt bossh
                                https://www.theguardian.com/business...-eu-referendum
                                This is the nearest that I could find after watching a chap last night, looked like in the car industry, who stated, much better getting EU workers ready trained than training our own. What a disgrace and no wonder we have so many young ones out of work or unable to get apprenticeships.
                                Before the Higher education reform, the university heads (vice chancellors) went into Parliament committees with their 'Olive Twist' hat on, 'please sir, may we also charge premium for our crap degrees because if we don't the consumer market (students) will think that our crap degrees are worthless if the premium subjects like law, medicine, business were able to charge £9,000 a year but we can't.

This rhetoric about 'shortage of construction staff' is just like the universities who were fighting to keep their place like the universities begging parliament to see their plight. There will be many kids who will do those trade jobs just like there were many before the UK signed into the EU. By the way, am not pro EU or anti EU. Am just playing devil's advocate.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X