• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kinnoul Street Perth Samrt Parking unfairness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinnoul Street Perth Samrt Parking unfairness

I parked in Kinnoul Street Smart parking owned car park. I inadvertently entered the first two digits of a previously owned car followed by the correct registration digits. When I got home, having paid on exit, I realized what I had done and rang the company inPerth. They told me everything would be OK if I kept the receipt and sent a copy of it and an explanation if I were unlucky enough to get a PCN.
    I did receive one and immediately I appealed and even though I had paid for more time than I had stayed in the car park they still need a charge of £60 to be paid. I would be very surprised if the incorrect reg number car exists but even if it does was that car in the car park at the time I was. It under be very unlikely.
    I have today received a second refusal to waive the charge stating that I didn't comply with their regulations by not entering the correct number plate and that my car was not paid for. It was! The CAB locally here tell me they haven't seen a case as unfair as this! I appealed again with no luck. Do you think I should just pay up and shut up?
    thanks for any advice in advance.
    Twiglet!
    Last edited by Twiglet!; 6th June 2016, 17:10:PM. Reason: Spelling
    Tags: None

Re: Kinnoul Street Perth Samrt Parking unfairness

In the unlikely event you get court papers then you need to take action. Otherwise file everything in a drawer, including the letters they haven't yet sent to scare the shit out of you, and get on with life. No need to do anything in reply, aside as i say, from court papers which are hardly likely to arrive.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      In the unlikely event you get court papers then you need to take action. Otherwise file everything in a drawer, including the letters they haven't yet sent to scare the shit out of you, and get on with life. No need to do anything in reply, aside as i say, from court papers which are hardly likely to arrive.

M1
      Thank you very much for this. Much appreciated. I was thinking of taking the matter further as having paid for the parking and of course there is no proof that I read their contractual terms, it seemed extremely unfair consumer/customer practice. Do you think any of the following would be productive? CA organization . Which? Member of Parliament in Scotland, Rip Off Britain on BBC. Any other organization who might be useful.
      Pit is an outrage they get away with this.
      Twiglet.

Comment

http://www.perthshireconservatives.o...heir-scrapping

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/lo...hcXK8lSbcLw.97

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2015/0...onours-degree/

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...ss-unfair.html

The only thing that is likely to happen is that they find out the drivers id and match it to the case. Adding to a campaign harms your chances of staying anonymous which in turn means you have less of a defence in the unlikely event they go to court.

If you decide to campaign, good luck to you.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X