• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help, letter from Wright Hassall for daughters car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, letter from Wright Hassall for daughters car

Have recently received threatening letter from Wright Hassall instructed by ZZPS an on behalf of Civil Enforement Ltd. For daughters car, she is out of country, trekking/travelling.

phoned WH asking for clarification of which car park, as description is very vague, when googled shows two NCP car parks. They would not assist me for data protection reasons.

Cannot telephone either of the other company's but if you go through payment mode it states £140 outstanding, WH are asking for £236!

what shall I do?

lins
    Tags: None

Re: Help, letter from Wright Hassall for daughters car

Zzzzps are mere debt collectors and cannot take anyone to court as any debt is not theirs. WH do sometimes do court but never for someone who has no right to sue like Zzzzps. Keep the letter but take no action unless a letterbefore action or court papers arrive.

M1

Comment

Thanks for advice, what about Civil Enforement Ltd?? TheY were mentioned to?

I will try and hold my nerve.

lins

Comment

CEL have issued about 300,000 tickets in 3 years and taken about 200 court claims to trial in the same period http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Civil_Enforcement.html

They do issues flurries of claims now and again but discontinue most.

M1

Comment

It does seem that Wright Hassell are quick in quick out solicitors, rather like keep them cheap, pile-em up.
          My several encounters have actually been quite "pleasurable".

Comment

Just received second letter from Wright Hassall stating that if debt not paid within 14 days, they will no alternative but to Issue County Court proceedings seeking a money Judgement order. It's titles FORMAL LETTER OF CLAIM.

what do I do????

Comment

I would reply something like (you'll need to makes minor adjustments to dates etc)

Dear BW Legal,

I write in response to your final notice which i take to be a letter before action dated 10th June 2016, the contents of which are noted.

As the pre action protocols expect us to exchange sufficient information to understand each others position please forward to myself the original parking charge notice and a picture of the signs at the location as well as the operators contract which allows them to operate at the site (or indeed confirmation they own the land in question).

As well as the information already requested please answer the following questions :-

What type of car park is it ?

What contravention gives a cause of action ?

Who contravened your rules ?

Who you are pursuing ?

Have you followed the rules laid down in the Protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 ?

How is the £154 made up ?

Not only will this information help comply with the pre action protocols it will also help achieve the over riding objective.

Having done some research on your claims i request that if you ignore my requests for information that your claim complies with

CPR 16

Contents of the claim form
              (1) The claim form must –
              (a) contain a concise statement of the nature of the claim

Contents of the particulars of claim
              (1) Particulars of claim must include –
              (a) a concise statement of the facts on which the claimant relies;

Practice direction 16

Other matters to be included in particulars of claim

7.5 Where a claim is based upon an agreement by conduct, the particulars of claim must specify the conduct relied on and state by whom, when and where the acts constituting the conduct were done.

Practice direction 22

Who may sign the statement of truth
              3.1 In a statement of case, a response or an application notice, the statement of truth must be signed by

(2) the legal representative of the party or litigation friend.

3.7 Where a party is legally represented, the legal representative may sign the statement of truth on his behalf. The statement signed by the legal representative will refer to the client’s belief, not his own. In signing he must state the capacity in which he signs and the name of his firm where appropriate.

3.9 The individual who signs a statement of truth must print his full name clearly beneath his signature.

3.10 A legal representative who signs a statement of truth must sign in his own name and not that of his firm or employer.

Practice direction 7E

Signature
              10 Any provision of the CPR which requires a document to be signed by any person is satisfied by that person entering their name on an online form.

I await your response.

Yours sincerely

Send via email if possible.

M1

Comment

Sent it! Fingers crossed

Comment

Re: Help, letter from Wright Hassall for daughters car, HELP AGAIN!!

Just received an email reply from Wright Hassall

Our Reference: 1256826
                  Client Reference: 101832038
                  Car Parking Operator: CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD
                  Instructed by: ZZPS Limited
                  Balance outstanding: £ 236.00

With reference to your recent correspondence, the contents of which have been duly noted.

Please note we are required to comply specifically with Annex B of the Pre Action Protocol and we do so fully. In proceedings we comply with the spirit of Annex A and we conduct litigation in accordance with the overriding objective. The Letter Before Claim makes clear the action that will be taken should non-payment continue and the consequences of such action. We are confident that our pre action correspondence meets all requirements for information to be provided to the recipient and will therefore not re-issue.

In regards to your queries, our clients have confirmed that following the parking contravention, keeper details were supplied by DVLA and the initial notification of this Parking Charge Notice (PCN) 9756055678 was sent to the address on 30 July 2015. This was sent to the address that was obtained from DVLA and sent within 14 days of the date of the parking contravention. This initial notification of a parking charge provided you with an opportunity to pay the reduced PCN amount within 14 days or alternatively appeal it within 28 days of the date of the PCN.

As the registered keeper has not paid or appealed the PCN within the timeframe specified in the initial notice, this matter progressed to recovery stage and additional charges have been incurred. Please see below a full breakdown of costs in regards to this PCN:

Original PCN: £140.00
                  ZZPS Admin Fee: £60.00
                  Solicitors Fee: £36.00
                  Total outstanding: £236.00

Moreover, ZZPS’s clients manage car parks for landholders to ensure that motorists are paying for their use of parking spaces, as renting parking spaces is a business like any other, or that free time limits are being adhered to, which are commonly used by retailers to ensure that there is a regular turnover and availability of parking spaces for their genuine customers. Each Car Parking Operator (CPO) ensures that the car park terms and conditions are adhered to and that the parking spaces are used correctly. Car park abuse is detrimental to landholders, and each CPO provides a service that ensures the efficient and regulated use of car parks. Therefore, motorists who breach parking these parking terms and conditions, while remaining at a parking site, will be liable to Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Our clients maintain all correct process has been followed that this PCN stands. Therefore, in order to close the matter in settlement of your liability, the outstanding balance of £236.00 needs to be paid in full. We will place a 14-day hold on this matter to allow you time to make payment in full. Should payment in full not be received, the hold will be removed and this account may proceed to litigation stage with a view to issuing a claim and obtaining judgment.

Please see below our payment methods and contact details we have enclosed for your convenience.

Debit Card/ Direct Debit: Call 01926 758101
                  Online: Please visit our website at: https://paymentsplace.com/wrighthassall/
                  Postal Orders & Cheques: Post to; Olympus Avenue, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire CV34 6BF

Please quote our reference number with all payments.

Telephone: 01926 758101
                  Fax: 01926 885588
                  Email: support@wrighthassall.co.uk
                  Address: Wright Hassall LLP, Olympus Avenue, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV34 6BF

Yours sincerely

Tim Hawker
                  Head of Debt Recovery Operations

A couple of points, there is no detail of which car park, the original PCN was for £100 so charges do not add up.

What shall I do??

Attached Files

Comment

Dear Mr Hawker,

Thank you for your email of 30/03/16 the contents of which are noted.

I note that you do not mention my request for a copy of the parking charge notice,the signs or the contract on which your client says entitles them to operate on the land in question.

Further there is no mention of which type of car park, what the contravention is alleged to be, who contravened the rules, who you are pursuing (driver or keeper).

I thank you for breaking down the charge and ask you to explain why the original charge is £140 and why the BPA code of practice has been breached in this regard.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

hi Linsforbes - did you hear back from WH?

Comment

Just received County Court Claims , started new thread, might be loosing my nerve. Now asking for £352.69! A lot considering we don't know where the car was allegedly parked, despite asking WH twice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X