• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Failed vetting for police scotland application due to a third party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed vetting for police scotland application due to a third party

Hi, I received an email to say I failed the vetting due to a third party and due to data protection 1998 they are unable to disclose why. Can I appeal thus decision?
    Tags: None

Re: Failed vetting for police scotland application due to a third party

Hello did you ever get an outcome of the failed vetting, did you reappeal? I'm going through the same situation right now any help would be appreciated

Comment

Hi,
      Yes i got my decision over turned. I put in 3 character references, a brief letter from my self on why i want to join the police and what kind of officer i would be. I also put another letter in from someone who had to explain a situation they thought it could have been.
      It was a difficult process as they don't tell you what it is that failed you due to data protection act. It took about 2 months to be sorted.

I then went on to fail the interview due to nerves ;( I need to wait 6 months to go through it again.

Good luck

Comment

That's positive to hear. I have been through all the interviews and given a provisional offer of employment but was called regarding the failed vetting due to 3rd party association.
        Thanks for your help fingers crossed I can get it overturned too. Good luck for your interview 😀

Comment

I don't suppose you have any advice on what best to put in my letter of appeal?

Comment

My son applied and passed everything and its just come back as -

"As a result of these checks, information has been found which has led to your vetting clearance being refused. Police Scotland has no legal requirement to give a reason for this, however I can confirm that the reason for your refusal is due to:
            Adverse information coming to light during the vetting process, which unfortunately under terms of the Data Protection Act 1988, I am unable to disclose to you.
            Please note future applications are unlikely to be supported."

He disclosed everything to them, he is squeeky clean, and as far as we are both aware, there is nothing to show in our family of any police issues. We cannot understand why and as they cannot disclose, how would we ever find out in order to appeal. We dont even know where to go for advice.

We are both devastated, its all he ever wanted at a young age.

Comment

time to make contact with your MP and do not take no for an answer from them, they are stipulating something not right then they have to disclose ! unless of course it refers to National security! that is what I would do not let it rest, sure others may of come across this as well and will comment?

Comment

Years ago I was working at an Airport (Just joined) and told I was not able until cleared for airside, and it may take a while to get clearance = next day security approached me and gave me the clearance badge - and stated never seen one cleared so fast. I said nothing but had decades before been cleared security at the two levels. so that must be a record still used in those days.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X