• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Working for a Italian Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working for a Italian Company

Hi All,

I need some advice on being self employed working for a Italian company.
    I've been head hunted by a company based in Northern Italy which I have have the option to work for in the near future.
    I'll still be working in the UK as a agent for them, they will pay me a salary for a 40 hours week.

my question is:

I will need to register as self employed, but do I need to register as a small Business as well.
    What are the employment rules working in the UK on behalf or for a European company.

any help.

Fitzy1001
    Tags: None

Re: Working for a Italian Company

I would speak to HMRC.

Comment

Thanks Sunnyside,

I think this one is not as straight forward as being employed and working in a European country.
      I'm also not sure how the UK employment and tax rules would apply if I was on their payroll, how would they my UK tax.

Thanks.

Fitzy1001

Comment

If you are working for an italian company than they will be employing you under italian law. However, as you are based in the UK you will have to report to HMRC any income you receive and be responsible for any tax due. There will, no doubt, be a tax treaty in operation to allow for the situation but these are usually only for a specific period of being in another country for a specific, limited, time period.

NI contributions are a different matter and I don't know how this will need to be handled, though none payment could seriously impact your eligibility for benefits and pension.

Of course the first requirement is to find out exactly the terms of your employment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X