Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: *DISCONTINUED* !!! Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd v Jojo13

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: *DISCONTINUED* !!! Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd v Jojo13

Will do, thanks Nem.

I did just check Money Claim online and other than my AOS and Defense nothing else has been submitted- last transaction showing is transfer of case to Manchester back in August 2016. Very confusing.

Mentioned
    1607 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo13 View Post
    Will do, thanks Nem.

I did just check Money Claim online and other than my AOS and Defense nothing else has been submitted- last transaction showing is transfer of case to Manchester back in August 2016. Very confusing.
    OK Jojo,

Sounds like Lowell is playing silly buggers get the court check tomorrow MCOL may be behind with updates.

nem
    The Advice I Give and Draft Letters Provided Are Drawn From Personal Experience and Career Training And Are Given Freely And Without Liability.
    Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice.
    I will not advise by Private Message. If Specific Advice is Needed please Tag me in your post by typing @Nemesis45 . If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team. Animo et Fide.

Mentioned
    454 Post(s)

You can also check for CCJs on https://www.trustonline.org.uk/
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "
    Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

I did just check Money Claim online and other than my AOS and Defense nothing else has been submitted- last transaction showing is transfer of case to Manchester back in August 2016.
    If the case was transferred to Manchester County Court then you'll need to contact them for a status update not MCOL.

If there's no reference to DQs on the MCOL website then I wonder why it was transferred unless there was an Application made which required human intervention.

(I'll read back through your thread tomorrow for clues.)

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forum’s site rules don’t allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk . Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

After receiving the Notice of Discontinuece from BW Legal, I rang the court and they confirmed I didn't have to go.
    ^ ^ ^ Your post # 118 (2nd December 2016) says the court (Manchester County Court I presume) confirmed that you didn't have to attend the hearing, so check with them in the morning.

You have a copy of your Notice of Discontinuance so it may make sense to send a reply to Lowells letter with a copy of that with a one-liner saying "Please see attached".

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forum’s site rules don’t allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk . Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks the case was transferred to Manchester at my request so I'll call them tomorrow.
    I checked trust online and nothing came back so I think this probably is just scare tactics.
    I'll send them their letter back as Di suggested
    Thanks again ladies, I keep thinking I'm done with this but then it rears its ugly head at the crappest times (My gran is 92 today and has quite bad dementia, she had a fall in the night and had to be rushed in for hip replacement surgery- went well just waiting for her to come round properly)

I'd be stressing all night over this too without this forum x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

I can't see/open whatever it is you've uploaded

Di

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was a copy of the letter from Lowell Solictors which said they were discontinuing.
    I rang the court this morning and they confirmed the case was definitely discontinued on 15th November.
    I'll send them a copy of their solicitors letter like you suggested Di, do you think an email would be ok or should I send signed for delivery?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

It was a copy of the letter from Lowell Solictors which said they were discontinuing.
    I rang the court this morning and they confirmed the case was definitely discontinued on 15th November.
    I'll send them a copy of their solicitors letter like you suggested Di, do you think an email would be ok or should I send signed for delivery?
    I think it's best to send a letter with 'enclosures'.

Have you got a copy of the Notice of Continuance to put with that Lowells letter?

(Get Royal Mail Proof of Posting which it free.)

Di

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An update

Thanks once again for all help and advice given to me regarding this problem. I sent Lowell the copy of their letter of discontuence and said if they continued their unwarranted harassment and untrue claims of gaining a CCJ against me I would be considering my legal rights. I received a very quick review of my complaint which was found in my favour and they 'will not be persuing the debt any further' . They also said that they will not remove the details from my credit file until 6 years from default. I did consider arguing against this but have decided it wouldn't be worth the hassle being only 4 months from now.

Thanks again
    Jo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    Brilliant news JoJo xxxx WELL DONE !!! You worked hard on this - it really is a pain how they always seem to wait until you've put in your witness statement before discontinuing, but I guess once they get the WS they know they do have a fight on their hands and it just isn't cost effective fighting, they much prefer a nice easy default judgment - so good on you for standing up for yourself and making their life slightly more difficult ! xxxx
    The result is a vindication of not acting like an ostrich when confrunted by a claim, I believe that the percentage of default judgements is very high.
    The quote :
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower
    seems very appropriate

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456