• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*DISCONTINUED* !!! Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd v Jojo13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd v Jojo13

I have had a letter from the court with a hearing date. Does that not imply they are going forward? Sorry if I'm being silly, I have no idea what the process is 😬

Comment

Originally posted by Jojo13 View Post
      I have had a letter from the court with a hearing date. Does that not imply they are going forward? Sorry if I'm being silly, I have no idea what the process is 
      When is the hearing Jo?

You will need to make a witness statement at least 14 days before the hearing date this is your " story /account of how the debt occurred and what has happened.

So the need is to gather all the information letters etc. you rely on to support your defence.

nem

Comment

Court date is 29th November. I don't have a story or account of how the debt occurred as I have no idea what the debt is for. I understand that they appear to be claiming this is a catalogue debt but I don't know what items/which company it relates to. I don't have any evidence other than the two letters I already had Kati upload.
        Should I call them and ask them to explain or is it a bad idea for me to contact them? I would have been happy to go for mediation if I knew what this was

Comment

Court date is 29th November. I don't have a story or account of how the debt occurred as I have no idea what the debt is for. I understand that they appear to be claiming this is a catalogue debt but I don't know what items/which company it relates to. I don't have any evidence other than the two letters I already had Kati upload.
          Should I call them and ask them to explain or is it a bad idea for me to contact them? I would have been happy to go for mediation if I knew what this was
          Jo if you look at the statement you have it's for a "Very" account. See Post#20.

nem

Comment

Ok thanks Nem. I don't recall having an account with Very. Should I call them or Lowell directly?

Comment

do not call anybody - stop panicking,

Comment

Sorry I'm really trying not to. I just have so much crap going on at the moment and really don't want to have to go to court without knowing what the debt relates to. If it was for size 8 clothing clearly not me but if my mind is jogged at court I'm going to look not only stupid but guilty as well

Comment

very is what has been said??? did you have an account with them? if you did details would help please?

Comment

I do not recall ever having an account with Very so I do not have any other details apart from what I have already stated in this post

Comment

Ok thanks Nem. I don't recall having an account with Very. Should I call them or Lowell directly?
                      Might be worth ringing Very/shop direct to see what info they have.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem I'll do that next then

Comment

Apologies for the delay.
                          I have spoken to Very customer care about this now. All they can tell me is that the account was originally an Additions Account that was rebranded to Very. The item ordered was a pram costing £204.50 and was delivered to my address. They do not have any signature details as too long has now passed. I have no memory of ordering or receiving a pram at this time. Can anyone please help advise me on my next move as my court date (29th Nov) is looming!

Comment

Apologies for the delay.
                            I have spoken to Very customer care about this now. All they can tell me is that the account was originally an Additions Account that was rebranded to Very. The item ordered was a pram costing £204.50 and was delivered to my address. They do not have any signature details as too long has now passed. I have no memory of ordering or receiving a pram at this time. Can anyone please help advise me on my next move as my court date (29th Nov) is looming!
                            Would you have required a pram at that particular time?

Did you find out when the last payment was made and or the date the account was defaulted?

nem

Comment

Hi Nem, I did have children so it's possible but I'm sure my friend gave me a pram, I did have severe post natal depression at the time so can't actually remember. The lady at very said that no payment was ever made from the item being sent.
                              Thanks Nem x

Comment

interesting item sent - proof of receipt and signature requested, as you have no knowledge of the item. see what others have to say>

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X