0 Post(s)

Default Re: Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd v Jojo13

Sorry Nim, I looked into what you mean and no the claim isn't stayed

VIP Member

Mentions
    1618 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo13 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by is the claim stayed?
    I don't remember using this catalogue and can't see that I've ever made any payment to them ever. The only catalogue I've made any payments to are for a settled account with La Redoute. Are they related?
    Hello JoJo,

If the claimant has not responded to your defence the court stays (suspends) the claim, you are not informed if this happens so you have to call the court to find out what has happened.

nem
    The Advice I Give and Draft Letters Provided Are Drawn From Personal Experience and Career Training And Are Given Freely And Without Liability.
    Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice.
    I will not advise by Private Message. If Specific Advice is Needed please Tag me in your post by typing @Nemesis45 . If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team. Animo et Fide.

VIP Member

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Nem, I'll give them a call today and find out

VIP Member

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi Nim, I've just rang the court and they have confirmed that the claimant has paid the fees and the claim is not stayed. Please help as I have no idea what I do next.
    TIA Jojo

VIP Member

Mentions
    1618 Post(s)

Hi Nim, I've just rang the court and they have confirmed that the claimant has paid the fees and the claim is not stayed. Please help as I have no idea what I do next.
    TIA Jojo

Hello Jojo,

So Lowell has paid the hearing fee now you will be contacted by Lowell and the court in due course.

Lowell has paid fees on a number of claims lately and didn't bother to go forward.
    nem
    The Advice I Give and Draft Letters Provided Are Drawn From Personal Experience and Career Training And Are Given Freely And Without Liability.
    Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice.
    I will not advise by Private Message. If Specific Advice is Needed please Tag me in your post by typing @Nemesis45 . If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team. Animo et Fide.

VIP Member

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I have had a letter from the court with a hearing date. Does that not imply they are going forward? Sorry if I'm being silly, I have no idea what the process is 😬

VIP Member

Mentions
    1618 Post(s)

I have had a letter from the court with a hearing date. Does that not imply they are going forward? Sorry if I'm being silly, I have no idea what the process is 
    When is the hearing Jo?

You will need to make a witness statement at least 14 days before the hearing date this is your " story /account of how the debt occurred and what has happened.

So the need is to gather all the information letters etc. you rely on to support your defence.

nem

VIP Member

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Court date is 29th November. I don't have a story or account of how the debt occurred as I have no idea what the debt is for. I understand that they appear to be claiming this is a catalogue debt but I don't know what items/which company it relates to. I don't have any evidence other than the two letters I already had Kati upload.
    Should I call them and ask them to explain or is it a bad idea for me to contact them? I would have been happy to go for mediation if I knew what this was

VIP Member

Mentions
    1618 Post(s)

Court date is 29th November. I don't have a story or account of how the debt occurred as I have no idea what the debt is for. I understand that they appear to be claiming this is a catalogue debt but I don't know what items/which company it relates to. I don't have any evidence other than the two letters I already had Kati upload.
    Should I call them and ask them to explain or is it a bad idea for me to contact them? I would have been happy to go for mediation if I knew what this was
    Jo if you look at the statement you have it's for a "Very" account. See Post#20.

nem

VIP Member

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Ok thanks Nem. I don't recall having an account with Very. Should I call them or Lowell directly?

VIP Member

Mentions
    142 Post(s)

do not call anybody - stop panicking,

VIP Member

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Sorry I'm really trying not to. I just have so much crap going on at the moment and really don't want to have to go to court without knowing what the debt relates to. If it was for size 8 clothing clearly not me but if my mind is jogged at court I'm going to look not only stupid but guilty as well

VIP Member

Mentions
    142 Post(s)

very is what has been said??? did you have an account with them? if you did details would help please?

VIP Member

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I do not recall ever having an account with Very so I do not have any other details apart from what I have already stated in this post

VIP Member

Mentions
    1618 Post(s)

Ok thanks Nem. I don't recall having an account with Very. Should I call them or Lowell directly?
    Might be worth ringing Very/shop direct to see what info they have.

nem

VIP Member

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Nem I'll do that next then

VIP Member

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Apologies for the delay.
    I have spoken to Very customer care about this now. All they can tell me is that the account was originally an Additions Account that was rebranded to Very. The item ordered was a pram costing £204.50 and was delivered to my address. They do not have any signature details as too long has now passed. I have no memory of ordering or receiving a pram at this time. Can anyone please help advise me on my next move as my court date (29th Nov) is looming!

VIP Member

Mentions
    1618 Post(s)

Apologies for the delay.
    I have spoken to Very customer care about this now. All they can tell me is that the account was originally an Additions Account that was rebranded to Very. The item ordered was a pram costing £204.50 and was delivered to my address. They do not have any signature details as too long has now passed. I have no memory of ordering or receiving a pram at this time. Can anyone please help advise me on my next move as my court date (29th Nov) is looming!
    Would you have required a pram at that particular time?

Did you find out when the last payment was made and or the date the account was defaulted?

nem

VIP Member

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi Nem, I did have children so it's possible but I'm sure my friend gave me a pram, I did have severe post natal depression at the time so can't actually remember. The lady at very said that no payment was ever made from the item being sent.
    Thanks Nem x

VIP Member

Mentions
    142 Post(s)

interesting item sent - proof of receipt and signature requested, as you have no knowledge of the item. see what others have to say>

VIP Member

Mentions
    1618 Post(s)

Hi Nem, I did have children so it's possible but I'm sure my friend gave me a pram, I did have severe post natal depression at the time so can't actually remember. The lady at very said that no payment was ever made from the item being sent.
    Thanks Nem x
    What date was the item allegedly delivered? Could be good news.

nem

VIP Member

Mentions
    504 Post(s)

Out of interest, what date is on the agreement?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "
    Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

VIP Member

Mentions
    1618 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charitynjw View Post
    Out of interest, what date is on the agreement?
    Posts and thoughts crossed I think @charitynjw

nem

VIP Member

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

The date on the agreement is 05.12.2009 but I didn't ask the date of delivery. Does that help?

VIP Member

Mentions
    1618 Post(s)

The date on the agreement is 05.12.2009 but I didn't ask the date of delivery. Does that help?
    No payment or written acknowledgment of the debt in 6 years means the debt is statute barred, and cannot be enforced via the courts.
    Presuming that the pram was the first order just after the account was opened.

nem

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast