• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank smart

Hi all, so i used to work for a company called Gaurd cover, based in cardiff, and we were acting under bank smart, (worst mistake ever), anyway, whilst working there my boss, asked all employees if they had any ppi claims they wanted to process and if so to enter them onto the system and we would not be charged for the service, well after 5 years of not hearing a single thing today is receive a letter stating bank smart will take legal proceedings (county court) against me in the next 7 days to claim back the 797.75 i owe them for their services. shocked and outraged is an understatement, and yes i was a fool to believe my then boss. is there any way that i can fight this?
    Tags: None

Re: Bank smart

Bumping this and may be [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION] will take a look

Comment

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by danialjones View Post
        Hi all, so i used to work for a company called Gaurd cover, based in cardiff, and we were acting under bank smart, (worst mistake ever), anyway, whilst working there my boss, asked all employees if they had any ppi claims they wanted to process and if so to enter them onto the system and we would not be charged for the service, well after 5 years of not hearing a single thing today is receive a letter stating bank smart will take legal proceedings (county court) against me in the next 7 days to claim back the 797.75 i owe them for their services. shocked and outraged is an understatement, and yes i was a fool to believe my then boss. is there any way that i can fight this?
        Ok a few questions:

1) Was Gaurd cover CCP and what relationship did they have with Bank Smart?

2) Do you have anything in writing about the free service?

3) I assume you had a successful PPI claim, when was it and do you have any correspondence for it?

Comment

sorry but i dont know what a ccp is, we worked for a man named matt ash/todd, we worked on various things in the call centre, such as ambulance chasing, gadget insurance to name a few, when we started working on the ppi calls, he told me it was to be under bank smart, i cannot remember entirely what he had to do with their company or if it was just them outsourcing to us to generate business, when it came to the free service he said if we paid the deposit on the claim he would ensure we were not charged any fees etc. in regards to the successful ppi claim its the first i have known about it as i had not received any mail to state otherwise although they have also sent a copy of a letter they received off of hsbc stating i had been awarded £417, which would go towards an outstanding debt i had with them at the time, dated 17 feb 2012, which i had not received a copy of until now.. this has really stressed me out and am on the verge of tears here as i do not have £797 let alone the figure of £822 that they would accept as a final settlement figure. please help me.

- - - Updated - - -

also the letter i have received is from their legal department [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION]
          Last edited by danialjones; 26th May 2016, 15:49:PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Guard Cover ( Matt Ash was Director) were struck off in Sep 2012. ( just out of interest )

CPP is card payment protection - I think Guard Cover were JUST a call centre by the sounds of it - though they did have a consumer credit licence back in 2010/2011.

Danial - would you be able to scan or photo the letter you have received from them and send it to me / post on here ( but REMOVE your personal info off it first !) - admin@legalbeagles.info Will help us help you out a bit more and hopefully set your mind at rest a bit.

Also
            if we paid the deposit on the claim
            Did you pay anything? how much?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Don't worry, this is typical Bank Smart. They often bill people with questionable invoices years after.

when it came to the free service he said if we paid the deposit on the claim he would ensure we were not charged any fees etc.
              How much did you pay, who to and did you get it back? Do you have a record of the payment?

Comment

email sent [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

- - - Updated - - -
                [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION] i paid the deposit to Bank smart of i think £75 for 2 claims and no record of it

Comment

email sent @Amethyst

- - - Updated - - -
                  @EXC i paid the deposit to Bank smart of i think £75 for 2 claims and no record of it
                  Ok thanks.

When we've seen the letter we'll help you draft a formal complaint to BS. Obviously if they reject it we can take it to the Ombudsman.

So just to be clear, Guard Cover were a call centre making calls for Bank Smart?

Comment

[MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION], i have emailed the letter to the admin, we were a call centre making call for bank smart

Comment

It's not arrived yet Danial - might be my end as I've got a fair few emails with attachments being sent over at the mo by someone else but just double check the address ( admin@legalbeagles.info ) - will keep an eye out and post soon as I get them xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

they have also sent a copy of a letter they received off of hsbc stating i had been awarded £417, which would go towards an outstanding debt i had with them at the time, dated 17 feb 2012,
                        Can you send this to Amethyst too please.

Comment

sent again and will be ending second letter

Comment

goodness knows what's up with my email, but here's the letters...

my first question - how the heck was the original invoice for MORE than HSBC refunded you ?

HSBC - £417 refund
                            Banksmart invoice = £797.75 ( plus lots of charges )

( and of course that £75 'deposit' you paid upfront )

Love the way they word the letters like they have already spent years chasing you... lol. Have you actually moved much since signing up with them?

I think you should respond to them - but [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION] has a good way with words when it comes to BankSmart so I'm pretty sure he'll be more than happy to help draft something.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 26th May 2016, 18:25:PM.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

i have moved but in all honesty due to them having made no contact with me it was something that was forgotten about as i thought nothing had come of it. it was over a year after i had made the claim that i had moved...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X