• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW LEGAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW LEGAL

I parked at a car park that was free after 6.00pm, however, did not notice the new signs saying that payment was required for parking 24 hrs per day.
    Recieved letters from VCS aking for money, told them i wasn,t paying
    Recieved letters from DRP --- Iwrote back to VCS informing them i would not be replying to DRP
    Have today had a letter from BW LEGAL asking for money
    What should i do, continue to ignore BW Leagal and reply to VCS?

Advice please

Marmite
    Tags: None

Re: BW LEGAL

Depends on what the letter says really. Sounds like a possible letter before action and i wouldn't advise ignoring one of those. Sanitise it and post it up.

M1

Comment

TRIED to post photo but failed
      Just a threat for £154.00
      Is there a guide for posting photos?

Comment

If you click on th picture in the account section then right click the image and copy image address then in the advanced section on the forum use the 3rd icon from the left (little picture) then paste the link, it works.

Standard threat which i'd file and ignore.

M1

Comment

Last edited by marmitex1234; 27th May 2016, 14:36:PM.

Comment

Last edited by marmitex1234; 27th May 2016, 14:38:PM.

Comment

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjnPAhAdxZQ

Unless you've received something other than the 2 i already saw then i wouldn't worry about doing anything yet.

M1

Comment

Forgot to mention the parking ticket that was issued to me has the wrong car park name on it.
                  It does have a location code (which i assume is VCS's code for the car park i was parked in)
                  Not sure if the above would work in my favour if this went to court
                  any advice would be helpful

marmite

Comment

It certainly would if keeper liability was in play.

It also may be an indicator that you need to pay close attention to the details in any court case, particularly the contract.

M1

Comment

keeper liability ??
                      The keeper and the driver are one and the same so i assume keeper liability is not an issue ---- correct me if i am wrong
                      marmite

Comment

Originally posted by marmitex1234 View Post
                        keeper liability ??
                        The keeper and the driver are one and the same so i assume keeper liability is not an issue ---- correct me if i am wrong
                        marmite

I do realise that it's not in play here but that's not because they are the same person, it's because you've given away that it was.

M1

Comment

Just an update as i have been checking my old letters from VCS, last year VCS sent me a letter stating that " consider this letter as a letter before claim"
                          So my query is--- is there a time limit for a Private parking company from issuing a letter before action to issuing court papers, or is a case of No they can issue court papers as and when they see fit
                          thanks
                          Marmite

Comment

Not really but they'd need to send a new one now. (bearing in mind they don't have to send any at all but should be penalised in costs if they don't)

M1

Comment

Originally posted by marmitex1234 View Post
                              I parked at a car park that was free after 6.00pm, however, did not notice the new signs saying that payment was required for parking 24 hrs per day.
                              Recieved letters from VCS aking for money, told them i wasn,t paying
                              Recieved letters from DRP --- Iwrote back to VCS informing them i would not be replying to DRP
                              Have today had a letter from BW LEGAL asking for money
                              What should i do, continue to ignore BW Leagal and reply to VCS?

Advice please

Marmite
                              I realise that the Data Protection Act is quite complex regarding exemptions, I was wondering how freely all the organisations involved in any case can pass data to each other without breaching the act, or is it a case of ( see below) these companies see us as possible criminals so freely swap info????
                              "In particular, the Act deals with several situations in which personal data is processed for the following “crime and taxation purposes”:
                              • the prevention or detection of crime;
                              • the capture or prosecution of offenders; and
                              • the assessment or collection of tax or duty."

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X