• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist portfolio Holding 2 Ltd vs Carl19692

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist portfolio Holding 2 Ltd vs Carl19692

Hi thank you for taking time to assist me.

Issue Date: 20 May 2016
    Amount approx: £8800+
    Claimant: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 LTD
    Solicitor: Howard Cohen and Co
    Original Creditor: Barclaycard
    Particulars of Claim: This claim is for the sum of £5763 in respect to monies owing under an agreement with the account no.xxxxxxxxxxx pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA)
    The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP (Ex Barclaycard) to the Claiment and notice has been served. The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the Agreement. A default notice has been served to s.87(1) CCA.
    The Claimant claims
    1. The sum of £5763.49
    2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00percent from 8/10/10 to the date hereof 2047 is the sum of £2585.77
    3. Future interest accruing at the daily rate of £1.26
    4. Costs
    Is the debt Statute Barred? Not according to Experion but the final contact i had with the was a letter i sent 27/04/10 to Barclaycard
    List any letters you have sent: CCA request 16/03/10, SAR request neither replied to and followed that up with an Account in dispute letter 27/04/10
    Any Other Info: Barclaycard passed the debt, for collection i assume, to Capquest but they failed to provide my CCA and i heard nothing more from them.
    They did take £3500 from an account of mine, Barclays, but the bank claimed it back as i proved it was in holding for my mother.

I have acknowledged the claim and disputed in full...... wasn't sure what to do with the jurisdiction thing so left that.

I will sort out further CCA for these new boys and the CPR thing this evening for posting tomorrow.
    Tags: None

Re: Hoist portfolio Holding 2 Ltd vs Carl19692

Good evening, welcome to LB,

Hoist seems to have number of these Barclaycard account that MKDP had problems with in the past.

Can you tell me please when the last payment was made?

Did you receive a Default Notice from Mercers ( BC in house collections) ?

When was default actually registered?

nem

Comment

I dont know exactly when the last payment was but it will not have been after i sent the CCA.
      I have not received any thing since sending the dispute letter from Barclays or Mercers?
      Would the default registering be on experian or one of those?

Comment

Originally posted by carl19692 View Post
        I dont know exactly when the last payment was but it will not have been after i sent the CCA.
        I have not received any thing since sending the dispute letter from Barclays or Mercers?
        Would the default registering be on experian or one of those?
        Yes, you can check Experian and of Equifax which have 30 day free trials ( cancel before that expires as you will be auto signed to a subscription.)

Or Noddle is free online.

nem

Comment

Would it be of any use to send a CCA request to the solicitors as well?
          I have previously requested a SAR from Barclaycard which came to nothing should i try again?
          I failed to mention when Capquest were dealing with it they could not provide a CCA and subsequently sent me a cheque for the £1 fee.
          I need to sort out my expired bank card in order to use Noddle.

Comment

Would it be of any use to send a CCA request to the solicitors as well?
            I have previously requested a SAR from Barclaycard which came to nothing should i try again?
            I failed to mention when Capquest were dealing with it they could not provide a CCA and subsequently sent me a cheque for the £1 fee.
            I need to sort out my expired bank card in order to use Noddle.
            Hello Carl,

Solicitors usually decline CCA requests as they are Not The Creditor or refer it to their client.
            Cohen/Hoist like to play games with CCA request whereby a request direct to Hoist results
            in a letter saying Cohen is dealing with and one sent to Cohen will be referred to Hoist.

Hoist as the beneficial owner of the debt is now the creditor and should comply the request.

If you feel it's worth another £1 by all means give it a try.

nem

Comment

Sorry to keep bothering you.

Does the fact i have sent them, Barclaycard, an account in dispute letter, Attached below, due to their reluctance to provide information under CCA have any weight or bearing?

What date would this be?
              *To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on XX XXXX 2016.* **Edit I should of read the full post containing this information**

Also would i be right in thinking these are the documents i am asking for:
              1. Agreement with the account number xxxxxxxxxx
              2. Default Notice
              3. Assignment of debt
              4. Notice servedWould there have been an assignment to MKDP LLP an if so would that have been a document or has been seen, me reading the internet, that MKDP do not have the necessary legal assignment themselves in order to pass on to another third party assignment
              Is legally assigned an actual document or does it have a more specific name?

Sorry for all the questions.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by carl19692; 25th May 2016, 17:01:PM. Reason: Wrong attachment uploaded.

Comment

Sorry to keep bothering you.

Does the fact i have sent them, Barclaycard, an account in dispute letter, Attached below, due to their reluctance to provide information under CCA have any weight or bearing?

What date would this be?
                *To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on XX XXXX 2016.*

Also would i be right in thinking these are the documents i am asking for:
                1. Agreement with the account number xxxxxxxxxx
                2. Default Notice
                3. Assignment of debt
                4. Notice servedWould there have been an assignment to MKDP LLP an if so would that have been a document or has been seen, me reading the internet, that MKDP do not have the necessary legal assignment themselves in order to pass on to another third party assignment
                Is legally assigned an actual document or does it have a more specific name?

Sorry for all the questions.
                A CCA request is specific only the agreement and a current statement of the account can be requested.

Yes there would be notice of assignment re BC to MKDP and from MKDP to Hoist NOA's can be sent by either party or both.

There is by the way no specific obligation in the DPA regarding supplying an agreement with a SAR a lot of banks will not do so as the consider the agreement is not technically " personal " data.

Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 (no fee) is used to request the documents mentioned in the particulars of claim as you state Agreement/NOA/DN.

nem

Comment

So at 3. should i alter the wording to Notice of Assignment?

Would there be any mileage in requesting the original BC/MK Assignment as if that is incorrect then the debt can not be passed on from MK legally?

I ask as i had a similar experience with MBNA in that they "sold" the debt before my default notice expired.

To be fair it has been passed around a bit but ultimately i have not responded to any of them since sending an account in dispute letter. Capquest being the first to succumb to the missing CCA.

Comment

[QUOTE=carl19692;650489]So at 3. should i alter the wording to Notice of Assignment?

Would there be any mileage in requesting the original BC/MK Assignment as if that is incorrect then the debt can not be passed on from MK legally?

I ask as i had a similar experience with MBNA in that they "sold" the debt before my default notice expired.

To be fair it has been passed around a bit but ultimately i have not responded to any of them since sending an account in dispute letter. Capquest being the first to succumb to the missing CCA.[/QUOTE

BC/ MKDP: More likely the Default Notice ( probably issued by Mercers) will have been defective because is was not issued by Barclays on it
                    letterhead.

Debt sales governed by the Law of Property Act leave little to chance so I would be requiring a copy of the DN and the agreement.

nem

Comment

BC/ MKDP: More likely the Default Notice ( probably issued by Mercers) will have been defective because is was not issued by Barclays on it
                      letterhead.

Debt sales governed by the Law of Property Act leave little to chance so I would be requiring a copy of the DN and the agreement.

nem
                      Is there any way to get the Mercers/BC DN document?
                      Under the agreement part would "Agreement" suffice or do i need to be more specific?

Comment

Is there any way to get the Mercers/BC DN document?
                        Under the agreement part would "Agreement" suffice or do i need to be more specific?
                        "The agreement relating to the alleged debt which is the subject of this claim".
                        The default notice should be provided with the CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors there is only the original one.

nem

Comment

Ah sorry i assumed there would need to be one for every time it was transferred to another DCA.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                            "The agreement relating to the alleged debt which is the subject of this claim".
                            The default notice should be provided with the CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors there is only the original one.

nem
                            Sorry my fault i meant number 3 the Assignment part

They put in the Particulars of claim: The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP (Ex Barclaycard) to the Claiment so i assume this would be covered by some form of named paper work and not just word of mouth?
                            As such they are using it as evidence?

Comment

Ah sorry i assumed there would need to be one for every time it was transferred to another DCA.
                              NOA's yes at each sale of the debt, but there can only be the original creditors default/date.

ne

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X