• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Changing solicitor during personal injury claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changing solicitor during personal injury claim

attatchment 1

- - - Updated - - -

attach 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Funding agreement might cover the situation ?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        Funding agreement might cover the situation ?
        CFA is the funding agreement
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Just took a look at the CFA, standard model template based on the Law Society's. Whilst it does not refer to any transfer of law firm it does mention that you must pay them their fees, disbursements etc. albeit if you win.

I suppose the rest of the terms could be held under the Client Care Letter - do you remember this being the only documents you first received? Last time I was there, they sent out a pack which contained request for personal info for money laundering checks, a client care letter, funding agreement and a few other things.

Even in the Client Care Letter, there is unlikely to be anything in there to say you can't move solicitors but if you do move you will probably have to pay their fees unless you can agree with the new firm that their fees will be paid if successful by way of undertaking. Solicitors are always reluctant to give an undertaking unless they have a high chance of winning.

Either way, if you want to leave then I suppose you could but I believe there was a term somewhere which said if you decide not to pursue it further without good reason then they can recover their fees from you that they have worked on to date.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Going through this process at the moment, what a 'mare and a minefield it is, different company for one medical, then wait for for the report from IME only to find it contradicts the entire medical findings thus far and helps no one but the third party insurers (who admit liability!). Mine is still on going and no where near being resolved, a year nearly off work, looks like my job has gone (although not completely, 2 month occupational health health assessment by physician, same one as in march so least its continuity,,being assessed as disabled as a result of the accident..yet i spend half my day chasing records and doing the independent companies jobs for them!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X