• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax Discount and Electoral Roll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Tax Discount and Electoral Roll

Hi folks.
    I have a friend who lives on a boat, which is not a "proper" residential mooring and therefore does not have a real address.. He needs an address for things like the DVLA and electoral roll. If I said he could register on the electoral roll at my address, does that mean I would lose my single person council tax discount, even though he doesn't actually live here?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Council Tax Discount and Electoral Roll

Hi Tulip73 ...

I can tell you that the Council Tax Register and the Electoral Roll are two separate registers although I have seen councils cross reference both to find abuse of those that claim a single person discount. I think you need to be entirely honest about this but I have found some further information that may help you. Its not absolutely clear but I suspect that if your friend declares your address as a secure correspondence address only, you should not lose your council tax discount as the truth remains that he simply is not there and a credit search should show that's the case.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.u...March-2010.pdf

http://kanda.boatingcommunity.org.uk...gistration.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X