• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Invoiced for training course my boss agreed to pay for??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invoiced for training course my boss agreed to pay for??

Hi All,

A good friend of mine is being invoiced for a training course he attended 1 day a week for 3 months which his old boss agreed verbally he could go on. Now my friend has left the company some 2 years ago, the training providers are chasing him for the money as his old boss says he didn't authorise my friend to attend the course. On the initial booking form, the client named is the company he worked for, and my friend is named as the delegate. My friend signed the booking form as he was in a senior position to do so following his boss' approval. Does anyone know where he stands? His old boss is being bitter having to pay as my friend no longer works for him.

Many thanks all.
    Tags: None

Re: Invoiced for training course my boss agreed to pay for??

On the initial booking form, the client named is the company he worked for, and my friend is named as the delegate
    Did the booking form say who would be responsible for payment?

My friend signed the booking form as he was in a senior position to do so following his boss' approval
    If you friend has the authority to bind his previous company into a contract then I would say that the company is responsible.

Not sure why they are chasing your friend or how they tracked him down. Did he provide his personal details to the course provider?

Comment

Hi Rippoed-off,

There is no stipulation of who pays on the booking form.
      He did provide his details to the training company. The training company also provided an email chain where his old employer states his naame , address also.
      Cheers.

Comment

The training company also provided an email chain where his old employer states his naame , address also.
        A bit naughty. On the face of it that could be a breach of the current data protection laws?

Personally, if the training company have no contract with your friend then I would tell them to go back to the ex-employer for the money. If the employer carries on being belligerent I suspect the training company will have to issue court proceedings against the both of you as 1st & 2nd defendants.

In the meantime speak to the training company and explain the situation. It may also be worthwhile mentioning the potential breach of the Data Protection Act if that is what it was.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X