• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitor failures led to a CCJ against me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor failures led to a CCJ against me.

Following a car accident involving me last year the third party disputed blame then went on to claim personal injury.

I received a letter from the third party solicitor last Xmas demanding I pay close to £3000 for the repairs to their car within 28 days or they would take me to court. I passed this letter to my insurer who told me that because a claim had since come in for personal injury the above vehicle repair bill would be put on the back burner until fault was apportioned on the personal injury part.

In March this year a county court hearing took place (I was totally unaware this had happened until a week ago) and my insurers solicitor Horwich Farelly failed to turn up and defend the case against me. It went against me and I now have a CCJ against my name and a poor credit rating that was previously excellent. I only discovered this while abroad a few weeks ago and my phone provider wouldnt let me use international roaming because they thought I would rtun up a big bill and then as "bad payer" they would have problems.The papers for the court case were never served on me so I assume they went to the solicitor who had a duty of care to act.

When I discovered the CCJ through Equifax I contacted the solicitor to discover they had made a mistake which they adfmitted to and had somehow forgotten to have the court case set aside until blame was decided on the second personal injury claim.

Meanwhile after much apologising from them due to the case handler dropping the ball I'm waiting and waiting foir a wrongful CCJ too clear from my name for something that was no fault of mine.

Don't know what to do next really. I have since had one credit application turned down due to the low score caused by thius.Any advice appreciated. To be honest I think I shoiud be compensated by the solicitor for all the hassle this is causing me.

Thank you
    GB
    Tags: None

Re: Solicitor failures led to a CCJ against me.

Hi and welcome.
    The people you need to complain to are your insurers.

You lodged a claim with them and under their rights of subrogation they took over your defence.
    They appointed the solicitor and his failings are their responsibility
    They should now pay the judgement lodged against you, or preferably look for set aside and then defend.
    If that is possible and they are successful the ccj will be removed from your credit record.

In view of the damage already done (declined credit application) I would be spitting feathers and looking for some sort of meaningful acknowledgement from them.

Comment

Re: Solicitor failures led to a CCJ against me.

Thanks for the advice. Appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X