• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What is the Best Way to Transfer Beneficial Interest / Equity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Best Way to Transfer Beneficial Interest / Equity

Hi

Im looking for some advice based on the below scenario

1. I purchased a house in which is currently in negative or zero equity if sold now.
    2. There is still an outstanding Mortgage amount
    3. The property was bought in my own name, prior to marriage.
    4. Since marriage, the property has been our main residence and the Mortgage has been paid from Joint Acc / funds.
    5. I have not pledged the house/equity as security against any loans etc.
    6. My wife is not named on the house documents (Deeds) or mortgage and we have 2 young kids, I have agreed with my wife and want to formalise an agreement that any Beneficial Interest (equity) in the Property will be my Wife’s (after Mortgage is paid off).
    7. I will continue to pay 100% of the mortgage until the children are both 18 years old, but any Beneficial Interest (equity) belongs to my wife.
    8. Is there any problem with me still being named on the mortgage, but my wife having beneficial interest?

What options are available to do this:

· Land & Registry Office: Marital Homes Right Order on the Property?

· Trust Deed to formalise the agreement?

· Arrange a Property adjustment order?

· Arrange a Trust for our kids with an agreement that any beneficial interest/equity belongs to them in the Trust and administered by my wife?

Any Advice or Direction on the best way to proceed to arrange this will be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: What is the Best Way to Transfer Beneficial Interest / Equity

Declaration of Trust.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X