• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Removed from project due to disability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed from project due to disability

Hi,
    I've been working on a project team for the past 8 months. It has been acknowledged by those in charge that I have contributed a significant amount to the project, including doing work in my own time without request from the management. Those on the team who know the situation are extremely shocked and annoyed that I will not be making the move. Others believe it is completely unfair given my contribution and subject knowledge.
    This project is now moving to another floor in the building. Due to disability I cannot evacuate from higher than the 3rd floor, they are moving to the 7th.
    I have been told I will not be part of the project from 31 May. I have been given just over 2 weeks notice of this.
    When I asked if it would be possible to remain on the current floor and stay as part of the project team I was told NO.
    They are relocating me back into a business as usual (BAU) team on the 2nd floor.
    I believe they have taken no consideration into reasonable adjustments to have me remain on the team.
    Does the fact they are relocating me onto a BAU team mean they have satisfied their obligations under the EA2010 to make reasonable adjustments?
    I apologise but if possible I need an answer asap as the timescale for change is short. Any other advice is much appreciated
    Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Removed from project due to disability

Sounds like a case of Eq.Act 2010 Section 15 "Discrimination arising from disability". This would carry more weight if there are no reasonable reason why they can't remain on 3rd floor. Is it a direct consequence that they are moving to 7th floor the reason you cannot participate further to the project? If so, this unfavourable treatment arises as a consequence of your disability, therefore S.15 Eq. Act2010. I think this would be the case regardless that they are moving onto different team.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X