• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent Help needed

Hi Rob,

The default notice is for the current account as the overdraft does not have an agreement I think? I'm getting confused now.

Comment

The notice is identical to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by tycam49 View Post

The notice is identical to this one.
        Ok.

When was the account opened?

nem

Comment

In 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by tycam49 View Post
            In 2001.
            OD's did not I believe become partly regulated by the CCA until 2011.
            I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

nem

Comment

Ok so what does that mean? also the od was not taken until way after the account was open.

I have also found a case online relating to this matter not sure if mine is similar?

http://www.qualitysolicitors.com/how...olio-of-errors

Comment

Also when doing the set aside draft does the sentence '1. The Claimant do pay the Defendant's costs of this application to the sum of £255' ​apply in small claims?

Comment

Hi can someone give me an honest opinion on my draft defence?

Many thanks

IN THE
                  UXBRIDGE COUNTY COURT
                  CLAIM No: B6AL317K

BETWEEN:

TYCAM49
                  And

Hoist Portfolio

__________________________________________________ ______
                  Draft Defence
                  __________________________________________________ ______

1. It is admitted that the Defendant entered into an agreement with ABBEY NATIONAL in March 2001.

2. It is denied that the Defendant owes the Claimants £2043.45 as stated in their particulars of claim.

The default notice relied upon in the Claimant’s evidence fails to comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default & Termination Notices) Regulations 1983. The contents of a default notice are clearly prescribed by s82 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by schedule 2 of the Regulations. The default notice fails to comply with 8 out of the 11 requirements of the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default & Termination Notices) Regulations. As per High Court case Harrison v Link Financial if a default notice is not compliant the proceedings should fail.

4. A number of unfair charges have been added to the account therefore, I would like the ask the Court to assess the charges for fairness in the same way that the Court did in the case of Oliver Foster-Burnell v Lloyds TSB Bank Plc.

5. On February 2nd the court made an order for the claimant to contact myself by the 20th April to resolve the case. The claimant sent a letter dated March 11th to my former address although they were previously notified in writing that my address had changed, to add to that there is evidence on my credit record that proves the claimant had knowledge of my new address from the date of 31/12/2014.

I believe the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed __________________________

Dated: ____________________________
                  Last edited by tycam49; 25th May 2016, 14:35:PM.

Comment

upping..

Comment

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

It seems a bit light on the defence, could you perhaps expand on the 8 out of 11 requirements which they have failed to comply with?

I would suggest amend 5. as follows

5. On February 2nd 2016 the court made an order for the Claimant to contact the Defendant by the 20th April 2016 to resolve the case. The Claimant sent a letter dated March 11th 2016 to the Defendant's previous address despite knowing that the Defendant no longer resided at that property. The Claimant subsequently obtained judgement against the Defendant without his knowledge and the Claimant was explicitly aware that the Defendant had moved address since 31 December 2014.

@Nemesis45 for thoughts
                        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob will change number 5.

Comment

You will also need to change 4. too and replace "I" with Defendant - a defence should be in third person e.g. the Claimant and Defendant
                            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                              It seems a bit light on the defence, could you perhaps expand on the 8 out of 11 requirements which they have failed to comply with?

I would suggest amend 5. as follows

5. On February 2nd 2016 the court made an order for the Claimant to contact the Defendant by the 20th April 2016 to resolve the case. The Claimant sent a letter dated March 11th 2016 to the Defendant's previous address despite knowing that the Defendant no longer resided at that property. The Claimant subsequently obtained judgement against the Defendant without his knowledge and the Claimant was explicitly aware that the Defendant had moved address since 31 December 2014.

@Nemesis45 for thoughts
                              Spot on Rob!!

nem

Comment

Thank you both for your help. I will amend it as suggested. @nemesis45 @R0b

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X