• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Yet another faulty secondhand car thread :\

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet another faulty secondhand car thread :\

IMO your particulars do not have to be so detailed. The details are supplied in later documentation

Ford Ka vehicle reg no. CE55 UDY purchased on 11/3/2016 for £800 cash from the defendant. I rejected this vehicle under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, as it was not of satisfactory quality nor fit for purpose.
    The defendant has failed on 3 occasions, namely 18th-19th April 2016, 25th-26th April 2016 and 9th May-13th May 2016, to rectify the issues. and has failed to respond to a
    letter before action delivered on 17th May 2016.
    And the claimant claims;
    1)purchase price £800
    2)Cost of cancellation of motor insurance £ (TBC)
    3)Cost of taxi fares to pick up car on two occasions £20
    4)Costs relating to loss of earnings £45 (3 hours @ £15 p/h).
    5)Interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 at an annual rate of 8%.
    6)Costs.

You might find this link useful:https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-cont...+web+FINAL.pdf

Comment

That's brilliant, des8, thanks so much. I specifically left out the interest bit of the claim because it seems rather complicated, maths isn't my strong point and I'm nervous about messing it up and then the claim being rejected or needing to be amended. However, I'm happy to take it under advisement - is it always better to claim interest in these cases?

I've copied and pasted your amended PoC into my form and saved it. Once I know the amount I'll be charged for cancelling the insurance policy, I'll finalise it and send it off.

Thanks for the link too, very helpful

Comment

If you don't claim it, you won't get it!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X