• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from Parking Eye Aldi Colchester

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from Parking Eye Aldi Colchester

Afternoon! Newbie here, very grateful to have found this website!

My partner received a PCN (attached) yesterday regarding overstaying in the Aldi car park Colchester. It was me driving, and I had taken her mother-in-law shopping. It took longer than the 1.5 hours maximum because I bought some planters but (a) had to check with the other half whether they were they right ones and as the shop had no mobile signal or wifi I had to go outside to make a phone call / send texts and (b) as I bought three of them I paid for them, put them in the car then went back and finished the normal shopping and paid.

The car park does not have any pay and display function (that I am aware of, it's the first time I've used it) - I think there is an enforcement notice because there is a church next to the Aldi store.

I don't have the receipts from the shopping because they get shredded as soon as the money has left my bank account, but I do have the bank statements and my bank also gave me the authorisation numbers for each transaction.

I have today spoken to Aldi Customer Services who were surprisingly sympathetic and told me to send them a copy of the PCN, a copy of my bank statements with those transactions highlighted and an explanatory letter and they would look into it. The lady I spoke to sounded unsurprised at me calling, She also said that if I couldn't find the precise payments from that day, as long as I showed bank statements with regular Aldi payments, that would be fine.

Does my partner need to contact Parking Eye in any way? Or do we wait for Aldi before taking further action? If Aldi are going to have the charge waived then I don't really want to get into it with PE (albeit pretending to be my partner and refusing to give up my details)
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: PCN from Parking Eye Aldi Colchester

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ket-on-vehicle

If you use the bank statements in an appeal to PE they may cancel. I would do it whilst waiting for Aldi so you don't forget and miss the deadline.

M1

Comment

Thank you, much appreciated.

Will go have at them!

Comment

Heard back from Aldi today, they have written to Parking Eye to tell them to cancel the ticket.

Was told by Aldi their letter may take 28 days to arrive (how are they sending it, by pigeon??!!) and to ignore any further communications from PE. May write to PE anyway to tell them Aldi will be in touch.

Thanks for the advice again.

Comment

Make sure you appeal. That way the worst that happens is you waste a couple of minutes. Until it's confirmed, don't believe it !

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X