• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ from restons solicitors on behalf of Cabot financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ from restons solicitors on behalf of Cabot financial

So I had an outstanding balance with capital one which I did know about but chose to ignore (I know I know!!!)

Anyway the account was sold to Cabot financial and then restons sent me a letter two months ago threatening legal action. This was followed by a court form avoiding of the impending legal action plus a blue form. I made an offer of payment of £100 a month on the form and received a further letter from the court saying the payment had been accepted.

Unfortunately I can't find the letter from the court however on my credit file its showing that a CCJ has been registered. I always thought that you could make an offer of repayment and so long as you don't default (which I haven't) you can pay it off without a CCJ being registered.

Can someone please clarify?
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ from restons solicitors on behalf of Cabot financial

The blue form is a claim form. Your opportunity at putting your circumstances and offer to the court/claimant.

If you had responded to the first letter threatening the lethal proceedings - the LBA you may have avoided the CCJ. But as you waited until the legal proceedings had been issued to put forward an offer it was too late to avoid judgement

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X