• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Supplier cancel an order for no valid reason!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Supplier cancel an order for no valid reason!

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    Thank you
    Not picking holes... just trying to ascertain the exact position.
    If we find conflicting information it is necessary to determine exactly what has passed to enable best advice.
    So if you feel you had no choice but accept the cancellation and refund, you need to write to the supplier stating that you accept the position under duress, as there was no alternative and you will be pursuing your consequential losses.
    You will then be in a better position to pursue them.
    As it stands, with nothing in writing, it could be spun that you voluntarily agreed to the cancellation and refund.
    You will be asked why you did not reject the cancellation and refund at the time the offer was made (?beginning of April)
    I did reject it and asked to be put through to the writer of the email who was the company director. They made all sorts of excuses and basically refused. Apparently the sales person Martyn was not away on holiday for a few weeks either. Even if I refused to give them the CC details they were cancelling anyway. Their website showed that the Buccaneer cruiser was due in for quite awhile but it seems it never arrived? I now suspect that there is a possibility that the incorrect caravan may have been ordered but cannot prove it. Either way cancelling the order a week or so before delivery caused us a lot of issues as we had to also change all our documentation for our visit to France.

Comment

I am surprised that if they had ordered the wrong caravan, they didn't cancel under pretext of clause 7: "....any other circumstances whatever outside the control of the seller" (supplier failed to supply?)

But you do need to set a paper trail, so write to them (either signed for or at least with proof of posting)

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        I am surprised that if they had ordered the wrong caravan, they didn't cancel under pretext of clause 7: "....any other circumstances whatever outside the control of the seller" (supplier failed to supply?)

But you do need to set a paper trail, so write to them (either signed for or at least with proof of posting)
        Thanks will do and update in June

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X