• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

two pre-sales lease packs issues with errors - Housing Association won't correct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two pre-sales lease packs issues with errors - Housing Association won't correct

A housing association that has been tardy in issuing a pre-sales lease pack (necessary for the pending sale of a property) then issued two packs within four hours, each with incorrect information. The pack can't go to vendors and purchasers' solicitors until the errors are corrected.. Instead of issuing the correct document, the housing association has attached the pack and the information confirming the errors to a previous complaint and say that this will be dealt with by 16 May or later.

Given that they have a turn-around of ten working days to issue the pre-sales lease pack and this was first requested on 11 April by the vendor's solicitor, dealing with it by 16 May or later will cause a turn-around of five weeks or more - an unacceptable delay in an important legal document.

Has anyone any thoughts on getting this sorted out please?
    Tags: None

Re: two pre-sales lease packs issues with errors - Housing Association won't correct

Is your Solicitor not chasing this they should be consulting with the other solicitor to sort this ASAP

Comment

Re: two pre-sales lease packs issues with errors - Housing Association won't correct

My solicitor has chased it for a week before asking me to try to resolve because it was taking so much of her time. As yet, the purchasers solicitor is not involved because it was requested by my solicitor and cannot be released to the purchasers solicitor until the errors are corrected.

The housing association are simply treating this as a complaint and are making no attempt to correct their administrative errors. This could cost me the sale of my property.

Just an opinion but HIPS packs were better than these pre-sales lease packs, which leave the vendor at the mercy of inefficient office staff

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X